Value of: Jarome Iginla (trade deadline)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Will the Avalanche of Colorado trade him as a cheap rental so he can have one last run at a cup?

I know he said he wanted to retire in Colorado, but one last run is going to last 5 months tops. I think he'd pull the trigger and waive, he would be great on a contenders 3rd line and the pressure wouldn't be on him to score.

I'm guessing it'll have to be a full 50% retained salary too for a contender.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
If he's willing to waive his NMC, requests a trade, and the Avs aren't in the playoff hunt at the TDL, I think they would move him and retain salary without any issues.

Ideally, I'd want a late first for him at the TDL. Right now, I'd retain 50% for a 7th.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
The Iginla of Jarome probably won't want to move. I doubt the Avalanche of Colorado would hesitate to move him if they could.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Oh we meet again.

I would cry years of joy to move him for a 7th right now. The situation is the same as it has ever been. It's up to him, if he miraculously ever wants to go then they'll move him. Avs don't really move guys out at the deadline because they don't like to break the team up and want to remain competitive. I wouldn't count on it. Maybe Iginla asks out at the deadline, I'll take any pick for him. We don't have a 3rd, if he could bring that back is be more than happy. Y'all don't understand how much of a liability he is now.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Perhaps the Avalanche of Colorado will be in position to try and make the Playoffs of Stanley Cup in which case the Joe Sakic of the Front Office will not likely move Jerome of the Iginlas.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
He shouldn't be worth much, but depending on the market at the tdl someone may overpay- a 2nd and a warm body is what I invision.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Will the Avalanche of Colorado trade him as a cheap rental so he can have one last run at a cup?

I know he said he wanted to retire in Colorado, but one last run is going to last 5 months tops. I think he'd pull the trigger and waive, he would be great on a contenders 3rd line and the pressure wouldn't be on him to score.

Honestly? Iggy should go back to Calgary, Gio should give him back the C for the final 1-3 months and then he should retire.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

I differ from many of my fellow Avs fans, who believe he won't agree to a trade no matter what. I'm guessing that if the Avs are out of the playoff hunt at the deadline, he might (though I believe it would be at his request).....but only to a few specific teams. Which would lower the return.

If the Avs are still in the playoff hunt, he doesn't get traded.

If the Avs are out of the hunt and Iginla continues to regress, perhaps the Avs get a 3rd for him.

If the Avs are out of it and Iginla somehow turns back the clock and is a 20+ goal guy, they could get a 2nd for him. I doubt a 1st would be in play, because I doubt that 16 playoff teams would be in the hunt. It'd only be a few.

I don't believe salary retention will matter to Colorado.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I know, I still wouldn't though. Gio earned that C. If Iggy wants to come back and finish his career here, sure. He's not getting the C back though. Calgary has moved on.

Gio doesn't seem like thee type that would give it up for 3 months anyways lol

Major Happy*

May 2, 2016
Gaudreau - Monahan - Brouwer
Shinkaruk - Backlund - Frolik
Ferland - Bennett - Iginla
Bouma - Stajan - Chiasson

Do it Brad!

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I differ from many of my fellow Avs fans, who believe he won't agree to a trade no matter what. I'm guessing that if the Avs are out of the playoff hunt at the deadline, he might (though I believe it would be at his request).....but only to a few specific teams. Which would lower the return.

If the Avs are still in the playoff hunt, he doesn't get traded.

If the Avs are out of the hunt and Iginla continues to regress, perhaps the Avs get a 3rd for him.

If the Avs are out of it and Iginla somehow turns back the clock and is a 20+ goal guy, they could get a 2nd for him. I doubt a 1st would be in play, because I doubt that 16 playoff teams would be in the hunt. It'd only be a few.

I don't believe salary retention will matter to Colorado.

Didn't he score 22 for you guys this year? And 29 the year before why are you saying if he turns " back into" a 20+ goal scorer

health permitting he is a lock and always has been?

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Perhaps the Avalanche of Colorado will be in position to try and make the Playoffs of Stanley Cup in which case the Joe Sakic of the Front Office will not likely move Jerome of the Iginlas.

I think so too, without a terrible start to the season and consistent and competitive play, I see no reason why not us

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Iginla just needs someone to strap rockets to his skates. When he's in position he can make the play offensively or defensively, he still sees the game at a high level and thinks it too.

But he can't get into the play quickly enough or get back into the zone quickly enough to be very effective offensively or defensively at even strength.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
39 Y/O who has no interest at all in the defensive side of hockey and is declining offensively with 47 points last year.

Not much value

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad