Value of: Jannik Hansen + Alex Edler in a packaged deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Jannik Hansen + Alex Edler in a packaged deal

I'm not entirely sure if these guys would be better off being traded in separate deals as opposed to a package, but I'm assuming that the Canucks would be able to receive a higher quality player/prospect/pick if they offered these two in a package.

Hansen and Edler are at their peak value, and it would be interesting to see what they could get.

What do YOU think they'd fetch?

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
How do you know both Alex and Jannik would waive their no trade clause to go to the same team?

keslerbomb

Dec 13, 2011
Victoria

I'm not entirely sure if these guys would be better off being traded in separate deals as opposed to a package, but I'm assuming that the Canucks would be able to receive a higher quality player/prospect/pick if they offered these two in a package.

Hansen and Edler are at their peak value, and it would be interesting to see what they could get.

Edler is definitely not at his peak value. That was back in 2009 when he was putting up 40+ point seasons, and there was talk of him developing into a true #1 D. He's had a bunch of injury issues since then, and now is lucky if he plays 60 games a season.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Edler again confirmed he won't move. NTC protection will keep him in Van for the foreseeable future.
Hansen I'd guess might look at a trade, but also has like. 12-15 team trade list, not ideal for anyone outside the playoff picture to be looking at and IMHO holds more value as one of the few 110% players the Canucks still have. The price would be a conditional first or at the very least a 2nd and a prospect. He's too good at what he does for the Canucks to continue to decemate a PK unit they have. Burrows is a shell, Bo is 20, Sutter can't play 23 mins a night and the Twins don't PK. Leaving Bae Granlund Gaunce as true NHL talent to play the PK as well. Not much selection.

Another swing and a miss by McHindu.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Edlers peak value was 4 years ago. he coulda brought back a lot more as a 40ish pt top pairing dman than a 20-30 2nd pairing guy.

as for this offer, 1st, contract dump, good prospect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad