Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] D Jani Hakanpaa signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $1.47M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Knies would of needed to play 2 more years of UFA, to go back in the draft,
UFA wasn’t a concern with him,

Says who? Why don't you provide the list of American college players who forced their way out of the Canadian market in recent memory...

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Says who? Why don't you provide the list of American college players who forced their way out of the Canadian market in recent memory...
Why, I never insinuated he would want out, I said there was no worries of him going to UFA, 2 years out. If he got into his fourth year, sure then there is concern in the fourth year, but definitely not after 2 years.
Especially being friends with Matthew’s.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Why, I never insinuated he would want out, I said there was no worries of him going to UFA, 2 years out. If he got into his fourth year, sure then there is concern in the fourth year, but definitely not after 2 years.
Especially being friends with Matthew’s.

You are ignoring that we saw another case play out literally last week of a player needing 2 more years to be UFA but having leverage to force their way out. The longer teams wait the less value these players have.

Again, why don't you please show us a list of American college players in recent memory forcing their way out of teams before UFA status because that is an obvious implication of the urgency to recover value..

And also again, why don't you tell me why the other example I used also got NHL games after signing despite not being an NHL player. Almost like, these guys wanted to be in the NHL as a condition to signing (similar to the Jets situation hmm)

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Should have known he was really really injured the moment he decided he wanted to be a Leaf. Huge red flags.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
b76cb657e49bf9e783c48bfac7ae4941b0efebc5.gifv

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I guess he passed the medical checks. It will be interesting to see how effective he is at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad