Confirmed with Link: Jakub Voracek Signs 8-year/$66M Extension ($8.25AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UKFlyers

Dec 28, 2011
Probably not. They'll probably wait until around the season starts to move L. Schenn. They'll know where their young guys stand by then & possibly with injuries for other teams his interest might go up a little more.

I don't see Read or B. Schenn being traded right now, those are the beginning of offseason moves if it's going to happen. In Read's case they'd be selling low right now & with his contract which isn't terrible it would be better served to see if last year a fluke.

Probably right. I guess there's plenty of time. I'm expecting Streit to be gone by the deadline. I do wonder if the thought process behind the Schenn's is to package them together, I'm surprised Luke is still here now really. I'm a big Read fan and think last year was probably was a one-off, think he might be moved eventually though.

Should be a very busy deadline.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'd be alarmed if he had a lucky year. But last year he really pieced his game together and worked really hard to earn his points and this contract. If he doesn't go all fatty I would expect it to continue. There was nothing lucky about last year; he wasn't playing over his head or producing above his level.

As I mentioned in the main board thread, we have an interesting cap transition going on. A few years ago we had a monstrously expensive defense, to the tune of 28-30 million dollars tied up on D. That was made possible by RFA and ELC contracts for forwards and random NCAA/Euro signings.

Now, the price of our forward group is going up and that is going to be maintained by our D shifting to ELCs and lower contracts given to Euro/KHL signings.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I just dont ****ing get it. Its the same **** weve been over with G for a couple years now. No matter how he played, it was "just one good season." Multiple years. One looong season I guess. And now, despite what tripod below says, its been just one good season for Vorabeast, "yikes." Christ.

Well, I would agree that Jake has only had one season where he's an 8.25 cap hit player, but he's 25 and I think he's still on an upward trajectory. He was a beast for most of the season but the top line hit a wall after the All Star break. I think he can still find a way to be more consistent over a full season. I also think he's a big game player too, which will serve us excellently in the future.

I didn't want Jake to make more than his captain and he's not. I'm very happy with this contract and even more happy it's out of the way long before the season starts. I can't wait to see what another committed offseason of training does for him!

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Anyone think we might see some trade activity very soon? Hex seems to be wasting no time this offseason. Read perhaps? Schenn brothers?

They are under the cap for 15-16 with a full roster so there's no rush to trade useful players.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Dear lord. I just caught the tail end of it but someone in TSN was talking saying that the Voracek deal "could" possibly mean that Giroux could be moved for true #1 Dman to support all the kids on the way.

Did he stop and think for a second who becomes the #1 C in that situation?

:shakehead

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Probably right. I guess there's plenty of time. I'm expecting Streit to be gone by the deadline. I do wonder if the thought process behind the Schenn's is to package them together, I'm surprised Luke is still here now really. I'm a big Read fan and think last year was probably was a one-off, think he might be moved eventually though.

Should be a very busy deadline.

If they were going to move Brayden they would have by now. He's not a player you just randomly move like his brother who's just a minor piece. Contrary to popular belief the two aren't physically attached to the hip.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Just roo many years for a guy who not too long ago was described as "lazy"

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Dear lord. I just caught the tail end of it but someone in TSN was talking saying that the Voracek deal "could" possibly mean that Giroux could be moved for true #1 Dman to support all the kids on the way.

Did he stop and think for a second who becomes the #1 C in that situation?

:shakehead

The Flyers center position would suddenly go from good to horrid if they moved Giroux. The gap between him & Couturier who is next guy in line is massive.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
I love it. As long as he stays a 70+ point forward this is worth it. So happy we locked him up long term. In a world where Toews is worth 10.5 million, Voracek is definitely worth 8.25

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Untitled.jpg

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Just seeing this now and it's great.

No discount, not that anyone should have expected one, and not an overpayment... this is exactly what I expected and he deserved.

As for the people on the main boards, clueless as always. No idea why anyone here is surprised.

They're looking at it like Voracek is getting superstar money. What they're ignoring is that Giroux-type players are now getting $10.5m (Kane and Toews).... it's just that Giroux has an insanely good contract for us since we signed him when we did. So Voracek is now getting paid $2m less than what Giroux-tier players (or in my opinion, slightly below Giroux tier) are currently making.

canada14

Feb 13, 2015
Just roo many years for a guy who not too long ago was described as "lazy"

Well he dropped 15 pounds coming into last season so I think those concerns can be put to bed. Watching him play last year was unbelievably fun, his motor was off the charts and you could tell he wanted to win every game. I think him and g are going to be one of the top duo's in the NHL for a long time. I love this signing. In Hexy we trust.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Just seeing this now and it's great.

No discount, not that anyone should have expected one, and not an overpayment... this is exactly what I expected and he deserved.

Really? I think he definitely took a small discount. IMO, this was best case scenario. I'm very satisfied and excited. I think Jake is a player who will age well and is very durable.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Really? I think he definitely took a small discount. IMO, this was best case scenario. I'm very satisfied and excited. I think Jake is a player who will age well and is very durable.

I'd say it was a discount if he was consistently a 80+ point player before just last year.

I don't think last year was a mirage, but there's still a tiny bit of risk since he's getting paid after a career year that boosted his career high by 19 points. If he keeps up the same production then maybe it'll end up being a discount.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California

I agree. He took a discount. As a FA he probably could have had 9 or 9.5

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010

im hoping hes another hossa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad