Jakub Frolo, Ilves U20, Czech (2026 draft)

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Havent seen any thread on him yet, so I figured I start one. Has a very good start of the season in Finnish U20 league. 4 games and 1+2 still as a 15yrs old. Which is pretty good considering that Ilves are one of the worst teams in the league at the start of the season with and atrocious score of 5:21 so far lol.

Just figured it would be interesting guy to watch and see if he can keep up. Any thoughts on him?

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Correct the title - 2026 draft.
...Frolo's father is Slovak, his mother is Czech. Recently it was finally decided that he would represent the Czechia on the international stage.

Reactions: Goodman68

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Correct the title - 2026 draft.
...Frolo's father is Slovak, his mother is Czech. Recently it was finally decided that he would represent the Czechia on the international stage.
Thanks I always get confused with that eligibility thing lol .. if he is 2026 thats even better

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
2+0 today .. overall 9games and 5points So far in Finish U20.

Wonder how he would fare in a better team lol.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
0+3 today against Canada-White. Named best player of the match.
He is looking very interesting. Its nice to see that some guys are starting to pop out even for 2026 draft. Not only Frolo, but also Novotny is looking really good.

Can we go for 1st round pick(s) 5years in a row? That would be fantastic and something that didnt happen since 2007 for czech hockey.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
He is looking very interesting. Its nice to see that some guys are starting to pop out even for 2026 draft. Not only Frolo, but also Novotny is looking really good.

Can we go for 1st round pick(s) 5years in a row? That would be fantastic and something that didnt happen since 2007 for czech hockey.
Last silver teams had 2 sets of 6D pairs that were damn good. Now we have a team with an average D (to my knowledge) and some great forwards. Slowly restocking the cupboards. This team seems heavy at C and that is our biggest weakness.

Reactions: martygod12

czech

Feb 23, 2009
If we consider the next 8 drafts, then it is draft 26 that causes me concern. There are no hockey players born in 2008 even for the first two rounds. It’s good that the late 07th year can help out: Frolo or Novotny.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Why is he playing for Czechia over Slovakia?
I am also surprised by this, Slovak father but born in Czechia. Maybe Czech mother, not sure. I’m surprised he chose to represent Czechia but at the same time I believe he would need to play in Slovakia for a period of time to be able to represent Slovakia. Probably just feels more Czech, born there, grew up and played there, friends there, etc. Though Ciernik was born in Germany yet still said in all interviews I am 100% Slovak and would only represent Slovakia. Dravecky took that path but I guess Frolo had other view.

Also Adrien Bartovic, son of Slovak NHLer Milan Bartovic chose Czechia in a similar situation. I believe there could be more like this in the future, slovak players now living in Czechia after retiring and finishing career in Czech league with kids born in Czechia. I was looking on elite prospects, more 2000 borns with Slovakia as second nation and Czechia as primary nation. While Slovakia as a primary nation and Czech as second is mostly like mid 90s and earlier.

At least we still have Satan Jr :D

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I am also surprised by this, Slovak father but born in Czechia. Maybe Czech mother, not sure. I’m surprised he chose to represent Czechia but at the same time I believe he would need to play in Slovakia for a period of time to be able to represent Slovakia. Probably just feels more Czech, born there, grew up and played there, friends there, etc. Though Ciernik was born in Germany yet still said in all interviews I am 100% Slovak and would only represent Slovakia. Dravecky took that path but I guess Frolo had other view.

Also Adrien Bartovic, son of Slovak NHLer Milan Bartovic chose Czechia in a similar situation. I believe there could be more like this in the future, slovak players now living in Czechia after retiring and finishing career in Czech league with kids born in Czechia. I was looking on elite prospects, more 2000 borns with Slovakia as second nation and Czechia as primary nation. While Slovakia as a primary nation and Czech as second is mostly like mid 90s and earlier.

At least we still have Satan Jr :D
Yes, the father is Slovak, the mother is Czech, he lived in the Czech Republic since he was a child.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
The Ilves team is in second to last place in the u20 league. Therefore, showing high statistics while playing for this team is not easy. Nevertheless, Frolo manages to prove himself. In particular, a few days ago, the player brought a rare victory to his team, scoring a hat-trick (including a goal in overtime) + assist. Let me remind you that Frolo is the youngest player on his team and the third youngest among all players in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad