Value of: Jake Oettinger

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
The Stars have four goalies. One is a veteran UFA with a Cup pedigree (Holtby). Another is currently buried and a pending UFA veteran backup who backtopped them to a Cup Finals (Khudobin). Yet another is in LTIRetirement (Bishop).

Then there is Oettinger, a 23-year-old RFA starter still on his ELC.

Why would they choose to move this guy? He's the only one who doesn't belong on the Island of Misfit Toys. The price they would set, to the extent they would entertain a discussion at all, would be high enough to discourage talks.

They'd probably move Khudobin, though.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Dallas better off to hang on to him as he wouldn't bring back a late first rounder which is where he was drafted. Move someone else

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Untouchable unless they got someone who is also young and even better I'd imagine. No clue why they would move him

Reactions: LT

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Otters value is about as high as anyone of there other young guys . He’s not someone that a team would even bother inquiring about .

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
23, first-round pick tendy that is blossoming into one of the better young netminders in the league... No point in Dallas even thinking about moving him.

Reactions: Johno

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
To this day I'm not sure why they signed Holtby, pushing Oettinger down to the minors at the start of the year.

I guess they knew Bishop would be a non-factor and Khudobin would continue regressing.

But Oettinger was the heir apparent in net even last season, and it's only become more obvious now.

He's pretty much untouchable, and I look forward to how Dallas handles his RFA negotiations.

Reactions: John Snow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad