Jacob Perreault vs Ridly Greig

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which prospect would you rather have?

• Total voters

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Perreault is top 6 or bust, Grieg plays a similar style to Tampa’s 3rd line guys last year. I’d bank on Grieg becoming a good bottom 6 player over Perreault being a top 6 player. Perreault has to figure out how to properly utilize his toolset

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Really like both players, but I think Perreault has legitimate elite potential. I hoped he would make Canada’s WJC team to lock in his eligibility.
Kinda how I see it

Greig is a good prospect but prob tops off as a 3rd liner.

Perreault has the higher ceiling of the 2

Reactions: Dominance

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Man, I am so high on Greig. He's got really high bottom 6 possibility but with skills that can make him a top 6 force. I am higher on Greig than I am of Norris and Pinto.

Greig has more translatable NHL tools with not that far off of a ceiling, imo. I believe Ottawa's scouts said they wanted to draft Jarventie with the 28th but couldn't believe Greig was there at 28 and was easy pick.

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Perreault looked really good last year in AHL. I’m going him although I like how both players are tracking

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Perreault reminds me a little of Emerson Etem. Hopefully he can reach his ceiling unlike Etem was able to.

Grieg will likely be a shoo-in for a middle-6 role in the NHL. He’s safer and the more projectable player since he could be anything as high as a second liner and no lower than a 3rd liner.
Whereas Perreault I don’t see him being able to play disciplined enough to be a bottom-6 guy. He has the higher potential but I don’t see him being an NHLer unless it’s in the top 6.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Perreault is top 6 or bust, Grieg plays a similar style to Tampa’s 3rd line guys last year. I’d bank on Grieg becoming a good bottom 6 player over Perreault being a top 6 player. Perreault has to figure out how to properly utilize his toolset

Watched his AHL games last season as a 18 y/o (just turned 19 in August), really didn't look like a future bottom-6 player.

Of coure his development curve could completely stall at 19 y/o but as of right now, his potential is much higher than that. 3rd liner is pretty much his floor, a bit like it has been for Formenton for years.

Man, I am so high on Greig. He's got really high bottom 6 possibility but with skills that can make him a top 6 force. I am higher on Greig than I am of Norris and Pinto.

Greig has more translatable NHL tools with not that far off of a ceiling, imo. I believe Ottawa's scouts said they wanted to draft Jarventie with the 28th but couldn't believe Greig was there at 28 and was easy pick.

Yeah that's being very high on him. I have it like that :

1- Tim Stutzle
2- Jake Sanderson
3- Josh Norris
4- Shane Pinto
5- Ridly Greig
6- Alex Formenton

I have seen several non-Ottawa fans being very high on Greig too

Greig plays hard, but does not have the physique to sustain that kind of play. Just my opinion.

Yes, his main weakness right now, he really needs to get bigger/stronger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad