Confirmed with Link: Jackets acquire Patrick Killeen from Pittsburgh for Future Considerations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
CBJ acquire G Patrick Killeen from PIT for future considerations

Goalie depth.

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 10m
Patrick Killeen has been traded to @bluejacketsnhl for future considerations. Trade alert presented by @Walgreens

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Were the Pens over the maximum number of contracts?

By my count the Jokinen deal brought the Penguins up to 49 contracts and this drops it to 48 (52/51 overall, but Pouliot, Maatta, & Harrington don't count against the 50 contract limit this season).

That said I do think contract numbers are what drove the deal - Killeen has the least value of any contracted Penguin (currently playing in Orlando...which is not Pittsburgh's ECHL affiliate) and is a free agent at the conclusion of the season...there's no reason for Columbus to trade for him other than clearing a roster spot to sign a college player or two in the next few days. Expect the Penguins to return to favor eventually. We know Jarmo and Ray get along, so I expect there will be plenty of these minor swaps the next few years.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Except starting next year we

are in the Pens division correct? Playing nice stops now.. so they owe us future considerations? Take our player and we will owe you one?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Are the Pens berreft without Crosby on the ice? Iggy Morrow & Murray not fitting in much yet?

Just an amazingly bad team effort. A lot of defensive break downs. Gave the Rangers way too much space. Nothing to do with Crosby missing. Iginla had a few chances.

As they said on the broadcast, they just looked tired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad