Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

razor ray

May 8, 2011

Older read but good info.

1715139348458.png

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
6'3 194lbs at 17
left handed defenceman
70 points (18g,52a) in 68 games played +56 in the regular season
amazing two way dman who can skate with the best of them

That's who I want. Get a forward next year. McKenna come on down and then rebuild is complete.
Dickinson is really good. He just doesn't have the upside I'd want at two. I love Catton. Feel the same way about taking him at two.

Reactions: HawksDub89

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Catton is awesome. If he’s falling for some reason because he didn’t play u18s I’d move up to get him.

I think of the players in this range I would be most dissatisfied with Dickinson because it’s another bunt single, but this time at 2.

Reactions: HawksDub89

magnificent

Jul 6, 2016
By the way, one of the russian journalists said there are rumors that Demidov definitely wants to play in North America as soon as possible.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Catton is awesome. If he’s falling for some reason because he didn’t play u18s I’d move up to get him.

I think of the players in this range I would be most dissatisfied with Dickinson because it’s another bunt single, but this time at 2.
I think Catton goes later than he should and some team is smiling for a decade.

Reactions: wladyslaw and TLEH

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I think there's no world in which Catton goes top 10.
Well I said after 10, so 11 at buffalo I’m calling. But I think he’s a top 10 talent. He’s no Cristall though
Do I actually like Cayden Lindstrom or do I like the idea of a 6’3” power forward who can play center?
The latter

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Its a weaker draft, also Michkov told teams he wouldn't interview with them, so he dropped even more.
Michkov was being picky and had that extension, Demidov is playing the complete opposite political game that just feels like get in the NHL at all costs.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I haven't even voted on my own poll yet.

I'm really torn between Silayev and Iginla.

Silayev has by far the most upside available. Chara 2.0? Sign me up!

But Iginla is just the most likeable guy available. Always improving, very young, gamer, perfect wingman for Bedard. He's just a guy you want wearing a Blackhawks jersey. I love his fit on this roster.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Levshunov is what, a 6'2 RHD?

Same exact prospect but what if he was say a 6'1 LHD? Same hype? I highly doubt it and would probably be around where Buium is ranked if not lower

Everyone and anyone pulling for Lev being drafted is going "oooo RHD" which is the definition of drafting for need lol. I would hate to see us drafting for need that high and frankly I really don't think he's that good

I see much more Erik Johnson and Zach Bogosian than say, Weber or Doughty

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
What's so sub-tier about the MHL? If anything the MHL is stronger now than it used to be since so many Russian juniors have stayed in the country.

Russian MHLers are actually quite underscouted and underrated. There are many hidden gems in that league who will go much lower than they should. For example, Egor Surin is a terrific prospect; most people are still sleeping on him.
Also as I already mentioned, the MHL division means that stronger teams play vs. stronger ones twice more often than against the weaker ones. And the top prospects usually play on those stronger teams.

Lion13

May 7, 2024
For me Buium is going to be the best player of this draft. So I’m happy to draft him @ 2 overall, yet I hope KD plays up draft rankings and other team views and trades down and acquires more assets, while still nabbing buium.
To me he has all the physical attributes( skating, skills, not big but solid and strong) combined with a high hockey IQ. He’s very cal markar(esque).
Also he has the ability to adjust and elevate his game against stiffer competition and big Game moments.
Not to mention , he’s just winner at every level he’s played , and a leader amongst winners.
I try to trade down a bit for more assets while still getting him , but if not I take him at 2 , I’d take him at 1 actually

Reactions: BHFAN92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad