Speculation: IV. 2014 Stars Offseason Thread: Declaration of Free Agency

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klockis

Loyalty personified
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
AJ Jakubec said he was told to keep an eye on Dallas as they're a real strong dark horse to get Spezza.

I hope Dallas gets Spezza, I like their prospects/picks.

Here is the full tweet:

Was to keep an eye on Dallas. They're a legit darkhorse to land Jason Spezza. I still believe St Louis the favorite. #Sens

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Which is precisely why i think a trade for D is better than a trade for 2nd line offense. Doesn't make any sense to throw assets at something there is a surplus of rather than something you can't get on the open market.

I'm telling you there aren't any on the open market because none are available. We need a RH defensive defenseman, so do at least 15 NHL teams and the ones that don't need a lefty. Girardi gets 5.5m because nobody better is out there because everyone is locking their guys up whenever they can.

defensorfidei

Jun 4, 2014
I'm telling you there aren't any on the open market because none are available. We need a RH defensive defenseman, so do at least 15 NHL teams and the ones that don't need a lefty. Girardi gets 5.5m because nobody better is out there because everyone is locking their guys up whenever they can.

None of that disputes why I would favor a trade for Myers over a trade for Spezza. It simply reinforces the fact that to us he has more value and is a considerably rarer commodity that will consistently be harder to attain than a 2nd line center on the free agent market.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
None of that disputes why I would favor a trade for Myers over a trade for Spezza. It simply reinforces the fact that to us he has more value and is a considerably rarer commodity that will consistently be harder to attain than a 2nd line center on the free agent market.

I don't know what you want. You are doing analysis which most people here have already moved on from because we tend to focus on things that are probable/realistic. Do you know why Meyers isn't available? It's because the same potential you see is also obvious to the Sabres and he is locked up at a competitive salary if he realizes his potential more fully. That should tell you that he is less of a risk than Spezza and that he will cost much more, particularly since he hasn't asked for a trade and there is no comparable player on the market.

defensorfidei

Jun 4, 2014
I don't know what you want. You are doing analysis which most people here have already moved on from because we tend to focus on things that are probable/realistic. Do you know why Meyers isn't available? It's because the same potential you see is also obvious to the Sabres and he is locked up at a competitive salary if he realizes his potential more fully. That should tell you that he is less of a risk than Spezza and that he will cost much more, particularly since he hasn't asked for a trade and there is no comparable player on the market.

Fair analysis but there's been a lot of smoke about Myers moving to Detroit or Van. Don't see why he's completely out of the question given that there is talk of him moving.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
I'm wondering what Murray is asking for. Obviously a first and NHL ready prospect. But what else?

1st + Chiasson + ?

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
Malkin and or/Crosby gone before the season starts.
I can feel it in my bones.
HF if it happened without any leaks- like it just happens...

Jul 4, 2010
New Brunswick
I believe Chiasson should be moved. With some of our winger prospects pushing to play for the big club (Ritchie, Sceviour, McKenzie) we should move him for a D or a #2C. We could've replaced Chiasson with a winger prospect at #14 but we picked Honka. I feel that it would have been smarter to take one of the high risk/reward wingers to replenish the loss of Chiasson.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Ew. Neal in our division.

No Malkin to carry him around, just have to watch out for the cheap shots, and it's not as if we weren't in a division with the Ducks forever, so we should be used to that.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Geez, my heart just jumped in my throat for a split second. Got an alert from The Score app on my phone saying "Stars Inquire about Joe Thornton" in tiny letters and at first I thought it said "Stars Acquire Joe Thornton." Sheesh.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Love the fact that Spezza turned down Nashville haha. Hopefully it brings us closer to landing him.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Someone posted that Nashville is currently shopping Seguin's First Mate Michael del Zotto.

EDIT: Found it ....

Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva

Predators are trying to trade Michael Del Zotto. #tvasports

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Don't really see why we'd have interest, doubt that MDZ has much value anyway. I saw that Gorges might be on the market, that might be an interesting alternative if there isn't anyone worth having on the market.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Don't really see why we'd have interest, doubt that MDZ has much value anyway. I saw that Gorges might be on the market, that might be an interesting alternative if there isn't anyone worth having on the market.

Take him over Connauton personally.

I do now remember the Gorges rumor. Let me see if I can find that one. He would be pretty interesting.

EDIT:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2h

MTL D Josh Gorges' name is out there in trade talk. TOR made a pitch for Gorges but no CDN team is on list of 15 teams he can be dealt to.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
For you Myers fanboys out there.

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 14m
Trade market prices remained extremely high through #NHL draft. # Sabres ask for Tyler Myers was 3 pièces including a 1st round pick.

Jesus......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad