Proposal: Its time for Matthews to go (Mod Warning in OP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
This is ridiculous, Matthew's has been excellent and by far the Leafs best player this season. At least address your problems instead of chopping of your own head

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Dumba is nice. But Staal is old and Boldy is just a prospect
That’s fair. The value I think is definately there as Staal is probably a 60 point C this year and maybe next year making 3 million/year, and Boldy has top 6 C upside, but I get that any deal around Matthews probably involves all win-now peices

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Seeing how Matthews plays defence now days, his value should be as a winger and not a topline center. I think it would do Matthews good play on the wing, just like G in Philly

Reactions: Clode

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
We play in St Louis on Saturday against the Blues. AM will go there with the team. It was tongue in cheek as Matthews won't be traded anytime soon, in my opinion.
Darn! This thread got my hopes up. :D I have read a lot of Pietrangelo to Toronto rumours, but it is always Nylander coming back. This is the 1st time I have heard Matthews name mentioned.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Darn! This thread got my hopes up. :D I have read a lot of Pietrangelo to Toronto posts, but it is always Nylander coming back. This is the 1st time I have hears Matthews mentioned.
I have no sources. For all I know Dubas and Armstrong might be finalizing a deal right now , and Matthews may make his debut against the Leafs on Saturday. Extremely improbable, but some people do get struck by lighting. Roy Cleveland Sullivan has been struck 7 times.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Toronto will trade Nylander or Marner before they even think about moving Matthews unless its for someone like Jones.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The problem with Matthews is a microcosm of the Leafs in general: Talent with no clue how to win when things get hard. The team needs a couple of strong leaders and Matthews needs one of those leaders to take him under his wing to help propel Matthews in the right direction. Leaders don't have to be the best guys on the ice. Leaders are accountable both on and off the ice, help enforce the coaches system, and keep the team together during the hard times. The Leafs don't have that and with the boat quickly collecting water, the rats will jump ship first. Toronto did themselves a huge disservice by signing Tavares, a me first type of guy who has some of the best skills in the league but not the personality to take control of a team and be the center of it's leadership core. If Toronto is smart, Tavares needs to go, not Matthews, who still has hope in becoming The Guy Toronto needs to lead them through the next decade. At this point in time, Tavares is who he is... let the rats jump ship, and it's a step in the right direction for that franchise.
Toronto needs another leader, sure, but theres a reason why Tavares has been a captain on both NHL teams hes played for. I'm sorry, but if you need motivation after being one of highest paid in the league in your early 20's, that's a you problem. It's not on John Tavares to make Matthews play a 200 foot game. Matthews wanted to be captain. A lot of fans wanted him to be captain. Instead, hes scored goals and done nothing else. You should know as a Bruins fan that sometimes skilled guys just dont seem to get it (Kessel,Hamilton and Seguin). Did having Bergeron and Chara around change their games?

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
What about a deal for Manson and Kase +? Not sure what the plus would be. Meets Toronto's need for a RHD with a good contract and cheap productive forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad