WC: Italy at the 2010 World Championship

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IIHFjerseycollector

Feb 2, 2005
Sturgis SD
Goaltenders:

BELLISSIMO Daniel (HC Asiago)
RUSSO Adam (Port Huron Icehawks IHL – USA)
TRAGUST Thomas (ESV Kaufbeuren – GER / SHC Fassa)

Defense:

JOHNSON Trevor
BORGATELLO Christian (HC Bolzano 2000)
DE MARCHI Matthew
PLASTINO Nick
STRAZZABOSCO Michele (HC Asiago)
HELFER Armin
HOFER Armin (HC Valpusteria)
MARCHETTI Stefano (SG Aquile Pontebba)

Forwards:

IANNONE Pat (HC Valpellice)
SCANDELLA Giulio (Rögle BK SWE)
SOUZA Michael
DE BETTIN Giorgio (SG Cortina)
PITTIS Jonathan
EGGER Alexander
RAMOSER Roland
ZISSER Stefan (HC Bolzano)
ANSOLDI Luca (Ritten Sport)
FONTANIVE Nicola
DE TONI Manuel (Alleghe Hockey)
OBERRAUCH Max (HC Val Pusteria)
MARGONI Stefano (SHC Fassa)
PARCO John (HC Asiago)

Last edited by a moderator:

IIHFjerseycollector

Feb 2, 2005
Sturgis SD
Team Italy had 4 exhibition games in the past 2 weeks against Russia and Kazakhstan.

They lost the first game against Russia 4-1
http://www.fisg.it/Hockey/DocumentoDett.asp?IDNews=799

And tied the second game 3-3
http://www.iihf.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Game_Sheets/Men/100424itarus.pdf

Against Kazakhstan they lost the first game 2-0

http://www.fisg.it/DocumentoDett.asp?IDNews=815

and tied the second 1-1

http://www.iihf.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Game_Sheets/Men/Italia_vs_Kazakhstan_game2.pdf

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
How many of those roster players are Canadian? Anyone know?

Daniel Bellisimo - Toronto, ON
Adam Russo - Montreal, QC
Trevor Johnson - Trail, BC
Nick Plastino - Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Pat Iannone - Fruitvale, BC
John Parco - Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Jonathan Pittis - Calgary, AB
Giulio Scandella - Montreal, QC

Also:
Matt DeMarchi - Bemidji, MN
Mike Souza - Wakefield, MA

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Spezza, Cammalleri, Gionta, among others could probably help out in that regard ;)

Cammalleri-Spezza-Gionta
Lombardi-Modano-Bertuzzi
Reechi-Carcillo-Chimera
Pisani-Foligno-Galliardi

Poti-Scuderi
Colaicovo-Del Zotto
Giordano-Strazzabosco

Luongo
Dipietro
Turco

Didn't make the team
Campoli
Corrente
Pacioretty
D'Agostini
Esposito
Landon Ferraro
Mancari
Pietrangelo
Stortni
Tambellini
Sanguinetti
Girardi

I got this list from wikipedia but it seems pretty accurate.

Last edited:

Charlie Milles*

Spezza, Cammalleri, Gionta, among others could probably help out in that regard ;)
He already committed to team Israel.:sarcasm:

I remember Scandella & Russo from the QMJHL, they were fun to watch. Didn't Russo break a QMJHL playoff record a few years ago?

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
I'm actually surprised that more Americans and Canadians of Italian decent who don't make the American & Canadian squads don't go and play for Italy.

Last edited:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I'm actually surprised that more Americans and Canadians of Italian decent who don't make the Canadian squads don't go and play for Italy.

I'd say there are two huge reasons:

THEY'RE CANADIAN. Even if they are marginal players they could still dream about one day making the canadian team and don't want to mess it up. Or they just can't see themselves representing another country than the country that they feel is their own.

The mandatory two seasons in the italian league to be eligable to play.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
I'm actually surprised that more Americans and Canadians of Italian decent who don't make the Canadian squads don't go and play for Italy.

I read in another thread that you need to have played at least a few years in Italy in order to get that permission.

Also if you have played at the WC, WJC or the U-18 with the States or Canada, you won't be allowed to play with Italy.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Interesting. So even if you are an Italian citizen who was raised and plays in NA you wouldn't be eligible? That seems silly. Or is that just for players who are not Italian by birth/citizenship?

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
I'm American, born and raised. I'm also an Italian citizen. If I played professional hockey and I had no shot at the American national team, I'd jump at the chance to play for Italy. That's just me.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
I read in another thread that you need to have played at least a few years in Italy in order to get that permission.

Also if you have played at the WC, WJC or the U-18 with the States or Canada, you won't be allowed to play with Italy.

I'm not entirely sure how it works, but I believe you can represent another country internationally after representing Canada, but only if you have their permission.

For example, Hnat Domenichelli played for Canada at the 1996 WJC and then represented Switzerland at the Olympics this year.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I'm not entirely sure how it works, but I believe you can represent another country internationally after representing Canada, but only if you have their permission.

For example, Hnat Domenichelli played for Canada at the 1996 WJC and then represented Switzerland at the Olympics this year.

I think that you have ONE chance to make a switch if you played junior for one team you could play internationally for another.

Kazakstani keeper Evgeni Nabokov even changed to playing for Russia even after having played a world championship (C division) for Kazakstan. But that is harder to do than when some one has just played for the junior team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad