Proposal: Isles-Kings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drivefor5

Jul 31, 2010
NJ
Los Angeles Receives:

BROCK NELSON, LW, C 2,500,000 2 yrs

ANDERS LEE, LW, C 3,750,000 3 yrs

+1,000,000 salary retained

Islanders Receives:

TYLER TOFFOLI LW, 3,250,000 1 yrs

DEREK FORBORT, D 650,000 2 yrs

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Probably fair value but we'd be screeeewed without Toffoli. I wouldn't do it, but it's not a bad trade attempt.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Salary cap say hi. Unless the Kings can figure out how to rid themselves of Dustin Brown's contract.
Toffoli is a serious player, I wouldn't want to trade him for two lesser pieces.

Drivefor5

Jul 31, 2010
NJ
How about this one, still NO????

Los Angeles Receives:

RYAN STROME, RW, C RFA

Islanders Receives:

TYLER TOFFOLI RW, 3,250,000 1 yrs

2017 2nd + 5th

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Toffoli is their best winger, why would they trade him for lesser pieces? The only guy the Isles could offer that gets the Kings listening would be Hamonic IMO.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

Los Angeles Receives:

RYAN STROME, RW, C RFA

Islanders Receives:

2017 2nd + 5th

Still no I don't think your getting how important Toffoli is to the kings He is a shorthand threat plays on out pp The first 30 goal scorer in 20 years All on a team that struggles to score goals No offense to the player offered None of them are guaranteed to score in las system. Also not giving up any picks as our farm teams need prospects

Drivefor5

Jul 31, 2010
NJ
Toffoli is their best winger, why would they trade him for lesser pieces? The only guy the Isles could offer that gets the Kings listening would be Hamonic IMO.

While I can understand the sentiment as a gut reaction regarding my proposals. I feel you are not looking at the whole picture when it comes to the salary cap and or the expansion draft.

Anyway I tried, I would gladly keep any or all of the Isles players mentioned in my proposals.

Since in my understanding, you will have to protect Kopitar and Brown due to their NTC/ NMC, who else would LA protect?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Oh also la doesn't need lws we have Pearson Gaborik Brown king clifford Lewis and andreoff all capable of playing there with two ahl players ready or pretty close to getting a shot (merch Kempe)

member 88115

Los Angeles Receives:

RYAN STROME, RW, C RFA

Islanders Receives:

2017 2nd + 5th
We need D in LA. Maybe

Harmonic + Nelson for Toffoli & McNabb.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
While I can understand the sentiment as a gut reaction regarding my proposals. I feel you are not looking at the whole picture when it comes to the salary cap and or the expansion draft.

Anyway I tried, I would gladly keep any or all of the Isles players mentioned in my proposals.

Since in my understanding, you will have to protect Kopitar and Brown due to their NTC/ NMC, who else would LA protect?

brown does not have to be protected he only has a limited nmc So la will protect Kopitar carter toffoli Pearson drew jake alec and mcnabb with quick as there goalie

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

I'm actually not a Kings fan. Oil fan, one who knows how good Toffoli is. You could make a case that he's the 3rd most important player on that team after Kopitar and Doughty (toss up for 3rd between Toffoli, Carter and Quick).

As for who they'd protect, it looks pretty clear they'd go the 7-3-1 route. D would be Doughty, Martinez and Muzzin. Forwards is where it gets interesting. Kopitar, Brown, Toffoli, Carter, Pearson are for sure. Gaborik is where it gets interesting, because they may want out of that deal and could leave him unprotected. Last 2 would be some combo of Gabby/Lewis/Clifford IMO.

member 88115

i doubt dean would do that He's not giving up his top young player and a defenseman he called the best d not in nhl after one year We already lost 20 goals when lucic left we aren't losing 30 without someone who can score 40 imo

I doubt he would also, but you are getting a more than capable D-Man to play with Doughty. Nelson can play Center/Wing and scored 20 goals himself and was close to .480% on FW.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I'm actually not a Kings fan. Oil fan, one who knows how good Toffoli is. You could make a case that he's the 3rd most important player on that team after Kopitar and Doughty (toss up for 3rd between Toffoli, Carter and Quick).

As for who they'd protect, it looks pretty clear they'd go the 7-3-1 route. D would be Doughty, Martinez and Muzzin. Forwards is where it gets interesting. Kopitar, Brown, Toffoli, Carter, Pearson are for sure. Gaborik is where it gets interesting, because they may want out of that deal and could leave him unprotected. Last 2 would be some combo of Gabby/Lewis/Clifford IMO.

We don't have to protect brown. It's more likely....

The 3 regular dman and regular goalie and Kopitar, Carter, Toffoli, Pearson, Mersch, Gaborik, (some young guy that needs it).

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA

Los Angeles Receives:

RYAN STROME, RW, C RFA

Islanders Receives:

2017 2nd + 5th

The Kings need a top4 RHD that can move the puck. Those guys don't fit that. They're nice piecesbut nothing I'd move Toffoli for.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I doubt he would also, but you are getting a more than capable D-Man to play with Doughty. Nelson can play Center/Wing and scored 20 goals himself and was close to .480% on FW.

I don't think he would be with drew. He would be on the 2nd pairing with alec imo. You're not going to pair two right handed defenseman together. Nelson while i'm sure is capable of scoring 20 goals on most teams I would not say he will score 20 in la.I think you're overestimating his impact right away It will be a few years before he get to that point in la We are in a win now mode Toffoli has proven he can score on pp pk and 5 on 5 I don't want or see us giving it up without a overpayment

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad