Proposal: Islanders-Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Bailey and De Haan are not players I'd be looking to move, and JVR doesn't fit a need (RWs, 2C).

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
To Toronto:
De Haan
Bailey

To Islanders:
JVR
Corrado
no this is pretty terrible. Bailey is an overpaid bottom 6 forward and dehaan will be exposed to vegas at the exp draft. we could get a much better return for JVR who has been solid thus far with 10pts (would lead the isles)

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
no this is pretty terrible. Bailey is an overpaid bottom 6 forward and dehaan will be exposed to vegas at the exp draft. we could get a much better return for JVR who has been solid thus far with 10pts (would lead the isles)

Remember: every thread with every Canadian team will inevitably feature the "OMG Islander players suck so bad, our players are much much better!" post. All we need now is the follow up post where another Leaf fan demands that Islander fans agree with you.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
Remember: every thread with every Canadian team will inevitably feature the "OMG Islander players suck so bad, our players are much much better!" post. All we need now is the follow up post where another Leaf fan demands that Islander fans agree with you.

nobody says islanders players are trash, but this does not mean we have to give up jvr for that package...

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012

There are threads where this response is warranted. This is not one of those threads. Dehaan and Bailey for JVR is an awful proposal no matter which way you look at it.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012

You forgot the post thanking the Islanders for developing Tavares for us.

Thanks pal.

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
I don't see either of those two being worth JVR

Cause they're not. Islanders fans should jump at this. Regardless of what side of the ice he plays JVR would instantly be your best winger and its only going to cost you Josh Bailey (he's decent but he's overpaid and easily expendable) and a guy who tops out as a #4 or #5 Dman WTF? Tavares NEEDS somebody to play with. He's all world and he's being forced to play with marginal NHLers. Reminds me of Sundin back in the day. There's no way the Leafs do it though. If I'm giving up JVR it would have to be based around Pulock coming back.

JVR + Sosh

for

Pulock + Bailey

Maybe you feel Pulock's ceiling is too high but this trade still favors NYI in my opinion because Sosh could be a pain in the ass 20 goal scorer for a lot of years and JVR is a 30-30 player and despite his shortcomings there are few players available in the league that can put up that kind of offense.

Baymen4

Oct 31, 2016
Cause they're not. Islanders fans should jump at this. Regardless of what side of the ice he plays JVR would instantly be your best winger and its only going to cost you Josh Bailey (he's decent but he's overpaid and easily expendable) and a guy who tops out as a #4 or #5 Dman WTF? Tavares NEEDS somebody to play with. He's all world and he's being forced to play with marginal NHLers. Reminds me of Sundin back in the day. There's no way the Leafs do it though. If I'm giving up JVR it would have to be based around Pulock coming back.

JVR + Sosh

for

Pulock + Bailey

Maybe you feel Pulock's ceiling is too high but this trade still favors NYI in my opinion because Sosh could be a pain in the ass 20 goal scorer for a lot of years and JVR is a 30-30 player and despite his shortcomings there are few players available in the league that can put up that kind of offense.

I do this as an isles fan after the season to help with the expansion draft. protecting 4 d seems unreasonable when you could trade for two talented wingers and protect them instead. protect hammer leddy boychuk and trade pulock and expose de haan or trade both for protectable assets.

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
I do this as an isles fan after the season to help with the expansion draft. protecting 4 d seems unreasonable when you could trade for two talented wingers and protect them instead. protect hammer leddy boychuk and trade pulock and expose de haan or trade both for protectable assets.

As a Leaf fan I would pass. Don't want Bailey.

And Pulock is still too unproven.

Isles and Leafs aren't a great fit for JVR. Rather move him elsewhere.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight

JVR + Sosh

for

Pulock + Bailey

CDH is a #3 IMO

MR4

Oct 20, 2014

JVR + Sosh

for

Pulock + Bailey

No to trading Soshnikov. Work something out around Pulock/JVR sure but nothing much other than Bozak or one of the bottom 3 dmen like Carrick/Marincin from the NHL roster should be traded as of now

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

JVR + Sosh

for

Pulock + Bailey

the leafs would probably consider it due to pulocks upside, but bailey is basically a contract dump. JVR + Sosh for a good prospect and overpaid 3rd liner just isnt worth it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad