Speculation: Is Vegas trading for a goalie?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Now that lehner is with cruches and home, cannot play at all. We don't even know for how long, but reports say they saw him with them cruches, is vegas looking and trading for a goalie? And if so, who?

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Didn't MAF say he was willing to go back to Vegas? It would be poetic justice if Vegas paid a 1st for him, considering the ice-cold way they dealt him away in the first place. Vegas needs somebody immediately, though - they are bound to miss the playoffs at this rate.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Now that lehner is with cruches and home, cannot play at all. We don't even know for how long, but reports say they saw him with them cruches, is vegas looking and trading for a goalie? And if so, who?
It won’t be much. Maybe a Greiss type. Possibly a Georgiev. That’s the options. Not very great. Greiss can get on a roll though. So I guess that’s the type you would go after. Someone who has a history of going on streaks. You just hope they’re the good type of streaks and not the Mrazek half season, horrible streaks.

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
It won’t be much. Maybe a Greiss type. Possibly a Georgiev. That’s the options. Not very great. Greiss can get on a roll though. So I guess that’s the type you would go after. Someone who has a history of going on streaks. You just hope they’re the good type of streaks and not the Mrazek half season, horrible streaks.
3 goals on 6 shots last night doesn’t look like he’s on the right streak

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
3 goals on 6 shots last night doesn’t look like he’s on the right streak
Played great Saturday.

That’s what’s out there and available. Especially with teams with no cap. Maybe they can sneak a Driedger out of Seattle on a trade where they send a contract back? That’s the types.

They have to be creative though.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
The most likely moves would be a late pick for Halak or Anderson. They can't afford a goalie signed past this year. I can't see Fleury happening.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I know Vejmelka is an RFA for Arizona coming off his ELC, but I heard rumblings he might be available for the right price. They've got plenty of cap space to re-sign him next season though.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
Who could they even fit into their cap?

Only option is probably a guy like Anton Forsberg.

Reports are that Lehner is not out long term though.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Halak (including his bonus next year) and a 7th for Future Considerations.

Canucks won't mind, it'll help our playoff chances.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
They need a starting goalie even when Lehner is healthy.

I hear Fleury is available

Lehner has outplayed Fleury this year though.

They aren't finding a better goalie than Lehner in a trade. Their best chance at that is to develop one.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Lehner has outplayed Fleury this year though.

They aren't finding a better goalie than Lehner in a trade. Their best chance at that is to develop one.

Has he really? They have the exact same save % and every Chicago game I have watched, Fleury is standing on his head doing the best he can to keep the Hawks in the game.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad