Is this the last chance for Sheldon Keefe?

Is this the last chance for Sheldon Keefe?

• Yes

Votes: 118 74.7%
  • No he gets one more shot after this year regardless

Votes: 26 16.5%
  • No he will get a few more shots after this year regardless

Votes: 14 8.9%

• Total voters

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
I thought he would (and should) have been gone last offseason. If he's still here after another postseason failure I'll be looking to get my hands on some of that Boston Pizza crack Treliving is smoking

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I think this is the last chance for Keefe and Shanny. If they go a few rounds and look dangerous then they will be ok if they get shit kicked in round 1 they are toast.....

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I think this is the last chance for Keefe and Shanny. If they go a few rounds and look dangerous then they will be ok if they get shit kicked in round 1 they are toast.....
Sadly Shanny will get at least 1 more year, because he just changed the GM. Keefe's last year, if next year is a fail as well then Shanny is gone, that 3rd year will be Trelivings last chance.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
With the new CEO of MLSE coming onboard soon, I would get rid of the whole crew running the Leafs if they don’t at least get to the ECF at a minimum. I would start from scratch and there would be nobody in management/coaching I would keep. There’s been too many good regular seasons followed by playoff failure after playoff failure to keep all of these guys whether they just started their contracts or not

Reactions: dukeofjive

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Sadly Shanny will get at least 1 more year, because he just changed the GM. Keefe's last year, if next year is a fail as well then Shanny is gone, that 3rd year will be Trelivings last chance.
Marner is a year away from UFA and Matthews is 26 and Nylander is 28. These guys are in their prime and I dont see MLSE waiting 3 years to make big changes....

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Keefe is a good coach. Can you blame him for this...

McDavid, McKinnon, Kucherov, Draisaitl, and Matthews are arguably the 5 best players in the world.

4 of them produce well over a point per game in the playoffs and raise their intensity and all-round game. 1 of them produces well below a point per game in the playoffs.

Also, Tavares has horrible career playoff stats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad