Is There a Case For Kucherov > Ovechkin?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Danarqhy

Oct 27, 2022
Check Republic
youtube.com
Simple question. Is there a case to be made that Nikita Kucherov is the overall better player than Alex Ovechkin? We're talking about career up until Kuchverov's age (29) and projection until they both retire. Will Kucherov be looked on as the better player between the two once they are both out of the league?

Points in favor of Kuch:

Insane Hockey IQ
Better playoffs production
Multiple cups and finals appearances

Points for ovechking:

The GOATscorer potentially.
Better peak.
Better name recognition/flashier player

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
898.gif

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Kucherov has been a better player from age 25-29, but Ovechkin was soo much better from 20-24, better at his best, healthier from 25-29, and so far has aged really well to the point we can’t assume Kucherov will age as well. It’s not close right now and there’s very little chance it will get all that close in the future

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
As great as Kucherov is, he wasn't the best player in either of Tampa's Cup wins. His impact overlaps with Stamkos and Point. Hedman and Vasilevskiy were the bigger difference maker, hence their Conn Smythe awards.

Ovechkin is the greatest goalscorer of all time, he put hockey on the map in Washington and brought his team to the promised land.

- 3x Hart
- 3x Lindsay
- 9x Rocket
- 1x Art Ross
- 1x Conn Smythe
- 1x Calder
- 1x Stanley Cup

Ovechkin's legacy and impact on the game goes far beyond that of Kucherov, it's not close at all. He'll retire as a top 10 player of all time, I can't say the same for Kucherov.

Danarqhy

Oct 27, 2022
Check Republic
youtube.com
OP you didn't see Ov in his prime did you? He was an absolute machine, and did a lot of his damage on a piss poor team the first 3 seasons. Prime OV puts prime Kucherov to shame ainec!
I did, Ovechkin was a skating highlight reel and my favourite player to watch. I'm not putting him down here. On top of that he's maintained an incredibly consistent level going into his late 30s, which is not easy to do. On the other hand Kucherov has played a much more rounded team game since first entering the league, and is also ahead in PPG in the playoffs. It seems like Kuch ALWAYS makes the right play and it has translated into a lot of playoffs success for the TBL, even though Kuch has played on more stacked teams. His 128 point season is also the highest we've seen in a long time, and higher than Ovechkin and Crosby ever scored, so it's not like Kuch doesn't have unbelievable peak numbers.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
I dont think so:
HM: I watch him play yesterday and his stick snap\60 was very good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad