Is the tandem of Bernier/Reimer the best in the League?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rancourt Fist Pump

Goulet-lite
Jul 30, 2010
Reimer can't catch, and nobody even knows if Bernier can play yet, so no :laugh:

Come on, not even the best in the division. Ottawa is easily better. They might even have a trio knowing the way they develop players.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
There are literally ten goalies that are better than Reimer and you want to declare him and Bernier the best tandem in the league? Lundqvist and a bag of marshmallows is a better tandem than Reimer/Bernier.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
hate to be a homer, but Anderson and Lehner... Lehner is definitely gonna take alot of the starts because of his play and might even dethrown anderson

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Does this mean the Kings had the best tandem in the NHL last year?
Quick >>>>>>>>>> Reimer
Bernier = Bernier

False. Bernier is better than Bernier and it's not even close to being close to being almost close.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
So you're basically saying they're the best of teams who don't have a goalie to be a clearcut starter?

There's only like 5 teams in the NHL who have that issue. And St. Louis is quite clearly better.

GrindNMuck

Jun 11, 2013
Not a chance there the best in the league. Bernier has not proved enough. And Remier just began in the NHL not to long ago. So no in my opinion they are not

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Bernier became a much better player the second he was traded to Leafs , before he was a good goalie prospect now he is part of the best goalie duo in the NHl Leafs have best top 6 in league Kessel is = to Ovechkin Gardiner is the best thing since Orr. McClement got robbed of his deserving Selke Phaneuf was top 11 in Norris trophy voting. I will be shocked if Leafs lose a game next season best assembled team ever.

Last edited:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
As it stands as of this moment no, ofcourse not. Who would say such a thing? They both have to build up a resume of success. Us leaf supporters have some funny fans.

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
Until they play a whole season as a goalie tandem you can't say.......Who knows one may end the season as the dominant starter.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Umm, If Quick/Bernier wasn't the best tandem, how is Bernier/Reimer?

Last edited by a moderator:

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Assuming they split their games, is this the best tandem in the league? I'm referring to teams where the goalies are splitting the games, rather than a Lundquist/Biron, in which 1 goalie has the majority of the starts.

I think the Reimer/Bernier tandem is incredibly strong and they will push each other to be better. I don't think the Schnieder/Brodeur tandem will be as good because Brodeur is old and at this point both Bernier and Reimer are better than him. They are as good (or very close) to schnieder...Having 2 of them will be lethal.

Discuss...

Suppose a hypothetical situation shows Brodeur getting .92Sv% and 1-2 G.A.A. and Bernier and Reimer have decent but lesser stats than Brodeur. Does the age argument still apply despite Brodeur being the better goaltender than those two? I'd wait to see the games and stat sheets between the three before writing someone off just because of his age (loads of variables to take into consideration, such as training, health, diet, etc.).

Bernier is still unproven as far as being a starter goes (he only has a handful of games and hasn't gotten the opportunity to prove himself), and Reimer still has godawful rebound control and can't play the puck well: Until Reimer show great strides in his improvement, and Bernier shows what he's capable of doing, your tandem is unproven for now (nothing against Reimer, but I want to see consistency and improvement before I call him a top-20/15/10/5).

DoubleDose86

Nov 23, 2010
Toronto
No, others have mentioned better. I like Reimer. and I hope Bernier lives up to expectations. But come on, let's let them play, and earn their way.

Next question

Are us Leaf fans the top 3 most annoying fanbases? or sorry not all of us, but still.

Blue Suede Shoes

hound dog
May 5, 2012
Does this mean the Kings had the best tandem in the NHL last year?
Quick >>>>>>>>>> Reimer
Bernier = Bernier

No. Last year Scrivens/Reimer was much better than Quick/Bernier. But this year Bernier/Reimer is much better than Quick/Scrivens.

----

I would say Schneider/Brodeur is much better than Bernier/Reimer, along with a bunch of other tandems.

btlaffin

Deathbat
Jun 30, 2013
In terms of teams that will split time fairly evenly, Halak/Elliot, Fasth/Hiller, and Brodeur/Schneider are miles ahead. I'd even put Giggy and Varlamov ahead. Neither Toronto goalie has proven anything, really. I wouldn't be surprised if Bernier is considered the clear #1 early in the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad