Is Paul Maurice the worst coach to win a Stanley Cup?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Kinda like McDavid?

No....different than that. Guess i shoulda elaborated a bit more. There is an articulation or sophistication to how he speaks. It is just matter of factly. And he speaks well.

Whereas McDavid, i think that is not "him" that we see per se. You have to know a guy of his profile has put up walls and what we see is not the real him. Plus he isnt an extrovert to begin with so when you consider his profile and personality, that is what you get.. Sadly, unless you get in his circle I don't think you'd ever get the real him.

Last edited:

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
No....different than that. Guess i shoulda elaborated a bit more. There is an articulation or sophistication to how he speaks. It is just matter of factly. And he speaks well.

Whereas McDavid, i think that is not "him" that we see per se. You have to know a guy of his profile has put up walls and what we see is not the real him. Sadly, unless you get in his circle I don't think you'd ever get the real him.

Fair enough.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Man, I just loved that quick interview he did afterwards. The emotion, the call out to his family and especially his father... hit a spot for me.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Love this guy. Happy for him to win a cup after leaving the Leafs years ago.

He showed tremendous class in genuinely saying he hopes Winnipeg wins the next cup. What he said about the Maurice name going on the cup was very stirring. Guy was practically in tears.

Everything I have heard about him indicates he has the attention and respect of his players so that is truly all that matters.

Judging success after a lot of failures is akin to saying Colonel Sanders of KFC fame was a horrible inventor. He had 50-60 years of failed inventions and ideas before he developed the KFC recipe. I personally am happy for anyone who especially after a lengthy record of failure and disappointment finally makes it one day. Happy for Maurice and coaching for as long as he has - that has got to give an indication that he is more than decent enough of a coach to be able to be employed at the highest level of hockey

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad