Is NHL 13 The Cure For NHL Withdrawal Syndrome?

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
:laugh:

Last Saturday I started (and continued yesterday) simming an NHL playoff mode on NHL 13 in Superstar mode to watch some hockey. I've actually been surprisingly entertained. Had to take breaks to actually play sometimes but I've been having fun.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
I play it and don't even notice the NHL is gone half the time. The players don't whine on Twitter after either.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think it's more like seeing your ex-girlfriend who dumped you :laugh:

Evergreen

No, because I suck at NHL games. I was good (or so I like to imagine) before they started using the joysticks for skating, back when shooting was as simple as hitting the "square" button and you could abuse speed boost.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
I play NHL alot every year and this is actually the year where i've played no where close to the amount i have before.

Probably 1/3 the time i'd normally play. No NHL has me in a lull for hockey

TylerSVT*

NHL 13 blows so i stopped playing a while ago, Its got all the same faults the previous titles have and BAGM is impossibly stupid.

Black Ops 2 is my solace.

And the NFL.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I read/watch hockey history stuff (couldn't during the previous lockout, no youtube) and play NHL 2004 PC (new mod, 96/97 season mod, and a couple others). Really enjoy the 96 mod, good old days.

97534140.jpg

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I really like NHL 13's gameplay. They somehow keep screwing BAGM though, not sure how after so many years you can make the mode less and less immersive.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Toronto Maple Leafs mode: No matter how good your team looks on paper, your team will be first in the East after the first 10 games then manage to get a lottery pick no matter what you do. Fan base will celebrate regardless of disappointment year after year, making you the richest franchise in the NHL.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
After the first month of the lockout, I went and bought a playstation 3 and the NHL13 game. I'm 40 and haven't played computer type games since I was in my 20s.

I had to buy a different controller because the PS3 controller was killing my left thumb. But now, I can play more often with the smaller controller.

GREAT game!

Kris Chreider

Pass Off The Pads
Aug 17, 2012
NYC/Minneapolis
It pisses me off when every year I have to go in and edit almost every prospect and create a ton more. Example: In '12, McDonagh was a 79 overall. In '13, RNH is an 81, Chris Kreider is a 69 and so is Granlund, and Brodin isn't even in the game and he was last year. Every year the prospects aren't NHL ready until 24 or 25. Even the first overalls. And the trades are whacked up. So naturally, I have to fix this before I start my simulation of the 2012-2013 season.

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
It pisses me off when every year I have to go in and edit almost every prospect and create a ton more. Example: In '12, McDonagh was a 79 overall. In '13, RNH is an 81, Chris Kreider is a 69 and so is Granlund, and Brodin isn't even in the game and he was last year. Every year the prospects aren't NHL ready until 24 or 25. Even the first overalls. And the trades are whacked up. So naturally, I have to fix this before I start my simulation of the 2012-2013 season.

Have to agree. For us sticklers, be nice if they spent more time on this angle. Added to the serious EA Sports NHL 13 wishlist. Be nice as well, if someone like yourself goes through the trouble of making all the updates, if you could upload it for others to take advantage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad