Is Kucherov a better playoff performer than the following?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Is Kucherov a better PO performer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
It's hard to make a case for any pure "point getters" above him.

Stylistic preferences can shift an opinion on importance to a 2 way player like Bergeron or a defenseman like Doughty, but in terms of production it's Kucherov's world and we're just living in it. Crosby is right there as well, though.

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
Only Crosby & Malkin (arguibly) have an edge over him in this Poll. Others are not as good as him in Playoffs.

If I am not mistaken, Kuch has the best PPG in Playoffs among all Russian players that ever played in NHL.

Most points in NHL Playoffs by Russian players ever:

1) Sergei Fedorov: 183 GP - 176 Points
2) Evgeni Malkin: 170 GP - 174 Points
3) Alexander Ovechkin: 141 GP - 135 Points
4) NIKITA KUCHEROV: 103 GP - 117 Points
5) Sergei Zubov: 164 GP - 117 Points

rue9d8e821112.jpg

Source: Кучеров опять устроил шоу: сделал три передачи и завалил «Айлендерс»

Reactions: slapKing

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Crosby, Keith, and Malkin are the ones that stand out as having an objectively better postseason resume. A few others are arguable.

Biggest difference is Kucherov is in his prime and the people on this list are not, so his resume is still growing.

Reactions: slapKing

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I put all of them. I do not think he is "better" than Sid or Kane, but I think he's proven now in three separate runs that he is just as good as them. Sid's overall consistency and Kane's clutch play when it comes to elimination game make it hard for me to say Kucherov is better than them.

Hard for me to compare defense and offensive contributions on a playoff team so I threw out all of the defenders on the list.

Reactions: Voight and slapKing

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Probably have Kane, Crosby, Malkin, Keith, OV above him for now.

OV is interesting because most of the time Washington bowed out early he was still a monster in production and I dont see it being his fault they bombed out. He had the choker aspect for many years so im sure that plays into this but as a performer he was always there front and centre performing. 0.50+ GPG in the playoffs is insane.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Crosby, Keith, and Malkin are the ones that stand out as having an objectively better postseason resume. A few others are arguable.

Biggest difference is Kucherov is in his prime and the people on this list are not, so his resume is still growing.
Those other players also had to carry dead weight

Kucherov wasnt shit until his team started to be stacked

User9992

Feb 27, 2016

Kuch always been great Playoff Performer since he came to the league.

Stamkos on other hand is mediocre Playoff Performer no matter with whom he plays.

Reactions: KoozNetsOff 92

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019

“I don’t know anything about this player but I want to insult him”

Kucherov has been the best player on Tampa since his first full season.

He scored at a 45g/95pt pace in his third full season when hedman, stamkos, point, and like half our team were either injured or not in the lineup yet.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Just checked the playoff stats. Kucherov has 23 points. The next closest is Point at 15. So Kuch has more than 50% more points than the next closest guy. Stacked team or not, this is currently one of the most impressive Conn Smythe runs we’ve seen.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Because I think Crosby and Malkin are both above him career-wise
You can make an argument that Malkin had a bunch of playoffs after Penguins first Stanley Cup where his play wasn't on the same level that his talent were. I seem to recall many games where he took some extremely stupid penalties that basically cost Penguins series during those years.
OV is interesting because most of the time Washington bowed out early he was still a monster in production and I dont see it being his fault they bombed out. He had the choker aspect for many years so im sure that plays into this but as a performer he was always there front and centre performing. 0.50+ GPG in the playoffs is insane.
I think the fact that he was the captain of those teams that always seemed to choke, was a big part of the ''Ovie is playoff choker'' narrative. People questioned his ability to lead, rather than to perform, and it might have been true. He probably changed and matured into his leadership and that lead to them winning the cup.

Reactions: User9992

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Couture should be on this list
30G 65P in his last 60 playoff games (4 post-seasons).... find me players whove done that

Pasta too

27G 68P in 63 games

Reactions: User9992

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018

Kucherov was second in playoff scoring, behind Kane by 1 point, in 2014-2015. In other words, your rhetoric is untethered to fact. Try again.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
You can make an argument that Malkin had a bunch of playoffs after Penguins first Stanley Cup where his play wasn't on the same level that his talent were. I seem to recall many games where he took some extremely stupid penalties that basically cost Penguins series during those years.

It would be an incredibly weak argument to make. The only year Malkin was poor from that 2009 Cup win until the Pens back to back wins in 2016/2017 was the 2014-15 playoffs when Malkin didn't register a point in 5 games. Every other season during that stretch he was around or better than a point per game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad