Is Kruger changing his number again?

BreadKick

Feb 7, 2016
Am I alone to think Kruger should wait with new number till the trade deadline?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Kruger changing his number for Ladd is a lot different than changing for Weise. It won't happen. Good on Kruger by the way for giving up the 16

FazeLeaf*

Ladd was part of the team before an won a cup with them so im sure there was some respect for him from Kruger but Weise was never there and might not be there for long so id image he would wear like 23 or 24.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
Kruger should just keep his new number, he's at least earned that.

Weise can just flip his numbers.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Got a feeling Ladd is resigning...would be odd to change your number for a rental, only to go back to the old one in the fall.

We shall see.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Got a feeling Ladd is resigning...would be odd to change your number for a rental, only to go back to the old one in the fall.

We shall see.

He mentioned that he is having his family move down to Chicago and they're looking for a place. I don't see how the numbers would work out from a cap point of view but I thought that was weird to uproot family for three months when he'll be a UFA in a few months and can do one move and that will be it for at least 5 years.

Say they did have space for him next year if they move Bick, 2017-2018 is the year TT and Panarin are RFA, also the year that Hossa starts to make 1M. Ladd resigning is possible assuming Hoss goes on LTIR I guess. Panarin is the #1 priority in July tho.

Last edited:

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
The only way Ladd resigns is if Hossa goes on LTIR, which of course will set off the $%^&storm of all %$^storms on this site and throughout hockey.

Maybe he's amenable to a discount? Vermette was rumored to be looking for 5 per but settled for less than 4. Maybe Ladd would do the same?

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The only way Ladd resigns is if Hossa goes on LTIR, which of course will set off the $%^&storm of all %$^storms on this site and throughout hockey.

Maybe he's amenable to a discount? Vermette was rumored to be looking for 5 per but settled for less than 4. Maybe Ladd would do the same?

If Hossa goes on LTIR, I guarantee that the HFboards will crash. There will be much angry keyboard pounding that day. But don't be surprised if he does in 2 years. There's too many potential medical lawsuits for the NHL to consider. I suspect they'll make a compromise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad