• Fire Holland

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Break-up the squad and trade a core piece

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
They have 3-4 more games at most before the season is in serious jeopardy. Holland is not the guy to salvage the ship. He is way to conservative. If you are going to fire Woody, they both have to go. And this is from one of the most optimistic posters on this board.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Someone should tell the players it’s time to panic. They all look completely unfazed.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
They have 3-4 more games at most before the season is in serious jeopardy. Holland is not the guy to salvage the ship. He is way to conservative. If you are going to fire Woody, they both have to go. And this is from one of the most optimistic posters on this board.

Season is already over to be honest. They have to play at a .625 winning % rate the rest of the season to make the 95 points playoff cutoff mark. It's not IMPOSSIBLE to do, I'll grant that, but it is exceedingly unlikely. Very likely to finish in the 20-25th spot for the year at this point, and that is if they IMPROVE their play, lol. 25-28th range isn't all that unrealistic right now either.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Nah. Still 72 games to turn it around.

They can conceivably go 72-0.

All they need to do is sign Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman and sit back and watch the 72 wins roll in.

jordan-pippen-rodman-archive.jpg

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
we sit 30th in the league--something has to give

2-7-1 for a cup contender

Holland does not like making trades in the season--this was well known from his Red Wing days

The problem is we are in cap hell and He put us into it

Both McDavid and Leon are on good contracts

here is the thing--most point at the Nurse deal which is fair. But I have a problem.

Due to the contracts of McDavid and Leon--I think one of the contracts given to Nuge, Kane or Hyman should not have been handed out.

We can complain about the Foegele and Mcleod contracts but they got pretty much the going rate for 3rd liners

But the killer will be the moment Brown plays his 10th game--when he signed that contract I did not realize that it kicked in after 10 games.

for me that makes his contract worse than Nurses--I doubt Brown will be in the NHL next--he has lost a step and has not won many battles

I think McDavid is already frustrated and I think that is why Katz hired his manager.

Right now--If I am Leon--on July 1st 2024? I will be telling the oilers I wont be negotiating a new contract and will be exploring other options--what do the oilers do than

I am not panicking right now--but when Brown hits 10 games and the Oilers can start to talk to Leon about a new contract--

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Basically need to overhaul the whole roster and the only way to do that is to find a way to get rid of Nurse. If we can't do that, there's not much that can be done.

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I am getting nervous. When the season started and they lost 8 -1 or whatever it was to the Canucks, and they lost a couple games people were panicking. However they lost again tonight and I don't know what is wrong but this sure does not seem like the Oilers of the last few years. I don't really know what it is to fix this team. They better figure it out fast or there might not be playoffs for the Oilers this year!

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Clearly this is not the year. Firing Woody would do nothing. They need to retool. Imho, some big name contracts will be moved in the offseason. Maybe even Draisaitl.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Pretty much--our hands are tied.

Sit back and enjoy the mayhem is all we can do.

I am just concerned about how much shit we will be getting on the main boards the rest of the year
Meh. We'd be having a hay day on there if it were the Flames in the same position.

independent observer

Apr 9, 2023
we sit 30th in the league--something has to give

2-7-1 for a cup contender

Holland does not like making trades in the season--this was well known from his Red Wing days

The problem is we are in cap hell and He put us into it

Both McDavid and Leon are on good contracts

here is the thing--most point at the Nurse deal which is fair. But I have a problem.

Due to the contracts of McDavid and Leon--I think one of the contracts given to Nuge, Kane or Hyman should not have been handed out.

We can complain about the Foegele and Mcleod contracts but they got pretty much the going rate for 3rd liners

But the killer will be the moment Brown plays his 10th game--when he signed that contract I did not realize that it kicked in after 10 games.

for me that makes his contract worse than Nurses--I doubt Brown will be in the NHL next--he has lost a step and has not won many battles

I think McDavid is already frustrated and I think that is why Katz hired his manager.

Right now--If I am Leon--on July 1st 2024? I will be telling the oilers I wont be negotiating a new contract and will be exploring other options--what do the oilers do than

I am not panicking right now--but when Brown hits 10 games and the Oilers can start to talk to Leon about a new contract--

That Brown contract is a desaster in the making.
Given that is getting unlikely to make the playoffs, having that 3.25 carry over on the book is just nuts…
And handicaps us concerning trades and FA signings and resignings

helloconga

Oct 12, 2023
Florida
i still feel the team can turn it around but starting to get anxious, near panic territory. another loss would put me there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad