Is David Backes the bravest man in pro sports?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Last year, we saw him tackle and challenge 18 year old Nathan MacKinnon and tonight, with his team down by 3 goals, how does he inspire his teammates? By going after 5'11" Matt Duchene!! It's lucky he did too...Duchene was running around and hitting everyone and running his mouth like he always does...acting all tough and stuff. Finally, Backes had enough, he just had to put his balls on the table and do something about this menace!!!

:sarcasm:

That "wackey-wackey" stuff from last year's playoffs was fully warranted. It's comforting to know that the Blues will never get anywhere with such a coward leading that squad. :laugh:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
It's the easiest prediction in all of hockey... It's part of the pre-game threads on the Canuck forum...

Who is Backes gonna go after when the game is out of reach with a few minutes left in the game??

He's one of the biggest fake tough guys in the league....

He's on cruise control now... Oh, um as captain, it's my duty to show that I care that we are losing right now. Grab someone, WAIT FOR REF TO GET IN THE MIDDLE( this is the key part), then start jabbing and get a 10 min misconduct and beat everyone to the showers...

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I think Backes is holding back the Blues, just like Callahan was holding back the Rangers. Time to pass the torch to the Tarasenko era.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I appreciate the way Backes plays hockey even if there is some bad with the good. A lot of this goes back to the Tarasenko hit... The Blues haven't let that go, there seems to be a lot of bad blood when you watch these two teams play.

I wouldn't ever call David Backes a clean player, but he isn't likely to either. He reminds me of Shane Doan in this regard, his standing is likely to be unquestioned in terms of a guy doing it the right way whether or not that is always the case. Which is fine as long as there aren't threads going on and on about what a classy guy he is on ice and Backes has few of those unlike Doan.

He plays the game hard and is an opponent I have respect for though I understand Avs fans having a distaste for some of the things he has done. I just think those teams really dislike one another and it surfaces in almost all the guys when they meet up.

Also of note he went after him right after the game went 3-0 and his team looked lifeless. It was a failed captains attempt to breathe life into a squad that didn't show up. Not really the same as the MacKinnon shenanigans for me at least.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He has gone after Turris on a couple occasions, don't get why. Never been a fan of Backes, but don't dare say he is chippy, you'll get flamed.

jdatb

Apr 29, 2014
It's the easiest prediction in all of hockey... It's part of the pre-game threads on the Canuck forum...

Who is Backes gonna go after when the game is out of reach with a few minutes left in the game??

He's one of the biggest fake tough guys in the league....

He's on cruise control now... Oh, um as captain, it's my duty to show that I care that we are losing right now. Grab someone, WAIT FOR REF TO GET IN THE MIDDLE( this is the key part), then start jabbing and get a 10 min misconduct and beat everyone to the showers...

Yup. Backes is the main reason I strongly dislike the blues. He's a terrible player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad