Interview with GM Jim Benning talking prospects

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
any recap?

Nothing you don't already know. Jim likes the rookies. McCann is fast and smart. Hutton is poised and, at 22, older than the other rookies. Boeser can rip the puck. News at eleven.

Be interesting to hear the coaching staff give a candid take on their pros and deficiencies, but I doubt we'd ever get that.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
any recap?

Talked about Hutton for the first half
Then McCann
Then Boeser

Nothing really to note, just says what he likes about their games

Hutton a surprise, poised, older then other prospects at 22 so more physically ready
McCann good on the defensive side, good stick
Boeser strong kid for his age, can rip it off-balance

Stuff like that

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Thank you for this. It was nice to hear the interviewers wax on about McCann and Boeser saying they had them rated higher than where they eventually were scooped by Benning

Not really a surprise McCann was ranked in the between 12-19 across a wide range of list (15/16 average).

Boeser went where expected.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
How many times did Benning bring up Stewart? Interviewer probably got annoyed when JB kept bringing the conversation back to Stewart.

"Ya, um, Hutton is been like real good, but we think Stewart would be even better next year if we left him on the blueline."

"Ya, um, like McCann made the team by being real good, but wait til they get a load of Mac Stew!"

"Ok Jim, thanks. I guess."

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
How many times did Benning bring up Stewart? Interviewer probably got annoyed when JB kept bringing the conversation back to Stewart.

"Ya, um, Hutton is been like real good, but we think Stewart would be even better next year if we left him on the blueline."

"Ya, um, like McCann made the team by being real good, but wait til they get a load of Mac Stew!"

"Ok Jim, thanks. I guess."

This is one passive aggressive post, you gonna be okay over there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad