Prospect Info: In the System IX (Ads and Prospects)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
The Preds had lots of time to watch him last year. He was with the team most of the season on the Taxi Squad. I doubt they were playing any spy games thinking they could "slip him through" the waiver process on a quiet day or anything. He didn't even make it to the final cuts. Milwaukee is going to be more disappointed about this than anybody.
Yes they are. I’m sure Pitlick is disappointed, Poile is disappointed; Heck, I’m disappointed but it happens.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I'd expect Pitlick is actually pretty happy with this since he gets to go back to Minnesota and be on an NHL roster with limited center depth versus here where he was competing with a bunch of other players for an NHL slot.
Yeah, Pitlick himself will be thrilled. He gets an NHL job and NHL money... in his home state. As an opportunity anyway. With the only downside being that if he doesn't make it, he just ends up back in Milwaukee same as before. It's a complete win for him.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Preds decisions are hard. They didn’t have room for Pitlick; he didn’t make the team in camp. He is eligible for waivers per the NHLPA Agreement. So what does Poile do? He could try for a trade but who gives up a player or pick for Pitlick during camp? What other alternatives does Poile have? Preds had invested a lot of money in his development and it didn’t happen for him. I’m sure the Preds were disappointed but waivers was all they could try. Good luck to him and don’t blame Poile.
Would have dumped Grimaldi before I risked losing a younger player to waivers. Poile has this habit of talking about getting younger and then either keeps or goes and gets older guys and 99% of the time they stink and do nothing but block opportunities. Borocop is another fine example of that.

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I just came back from the Admirals preseason game against the Chicago Wolves.

Period 1: Zero to zero score. The Ads picked up some penalties and Chicago picked up some shots, 10 to 8. There was a fight about 5 minutes into the game between Kyle Neuber (RW) of the Ads and Kyle Marino, the shrimp of the fight at 6'3" and 220#. Marino was the aggressor, but Neuber held his own for a draw in an awkward heavyweight bout.

I was watching Grant Mismash, who was listed as a LW. He seemed to play on both wings with Novak as the center. Cole Smith, also a LW, was the other winger. Maybe they swapped wings for each shift? Mismash did not make any great plays or any mistakes. He did the little things well. Harper (LW) was not as good. Matt Luff, the only other RW listed, played a solid game, checking and passing.

Period 2: Five to three. Chicago jumps out to a 3-0 lead. I get up and start yelling to change out Devin Cooley. The first 2 goals were weak. This was a surprise because Cooley made some good saves in period 1. The third goal (PPG) was him 1-on-1 with a Wolves player that skated in from the goal line 15 feet from the crease and popped it in the far side of the net. All three goals came from the side, although the first two looked like they went in 5 hole. The 6'5" Cooley squats down too much. He looks like he is trying to make a ball out of himself. He needs to stand up (or crouch down less) and use his size better!

With 9:30 remaining, the Ads got on the board, about 1 minute after the third Chicago goal. Dman Xavier Bouchard scored. A few minutes later it was David Farrance. (Shades of Nashville with the Dmen scoring) Then came 2 goals via Cole Schneider. I think that Mismash scored goal #5 with about 40 seconds remaining. He changes directions well in traffic. Ads 18-12 in shots, 1 PPG.

Period 3: Zero to zero again. Chicago decides to play rough. Noah Corson gets the last 4 Wolves penalties by himself. The last one was a fighting major against Mitch McLain with 7:25 remaining. It was a long fight. The Ads were fed up with #48. The few Ads fans present cheered each successive penalty louder than the previous one. Corson will be a "fan favorite in Milwaukee" this season.

Edit: The Wolves pulled their goalie for the last 2 minutes. The Ads missed the goal from 10 feet at least 3 times. (Shades of Nashville again?)

Corson wins the Goon of the Game award.

I believe that Allard had 2 assists and was the #2 star of the game. Schneider was the #1 star of the game. A couple of the Admirals Dmen have some wicked point shots. They need to get them on goal.

Dylan Blujus, Jake McLaughlin, Matt Donovan and Fred Allard were the other 4 Dmen that played. Avery Peterson, Mitch McLain and Zach Solow were centers with Novak. I need to watch Peterson and Solow more on the 16th,

It is was strange game with no 1st or 3rd period goals and eight in period 2. (Long change issues?)

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Ads won 7-3 today, btw. Nice, I was a bit worried we had kind of jobbed them somewhat, keeping Tomasino, losing Pitlick on waivers. But they were rolling today!

2a for Afanaseyev
:handclap:

I am not worried about it at all.

Period 1: The Admirals had a crowd of about 7500 tonight. I came in a few minutes late and it was 1-0 GR. Milwaukee poured on the coles. Cole Schneider scored the next two goals with assists from both Novak and Afanaseyev 18 seconds apart to make it 2-1 Ads about 5:30 into the game. Matt Luff scored a PPG about 14 minutes in with assists from Novak and Davies. They made some pretty passes in the O-zone and Luff cut across the hashmarks on both sides of the slot and fired it into the net from the left side.

Period 2: The Ads out strong and scored two more goals in the first 5:30 again. (I am thinking that this will be a double digit game after 5 goals in less than 26 minutes of hockey!) Zach Solow (Solo), who I promised to watch, scored with assists from Donovan and Farrance. They made it look like practice with sharp passing. Milwaukee was about 10 shots ahead by the end of the period. No more goals were scored.

Period 3: About 5:30 into the period, GR scores again. It was Joe Veleno, scoring his second goal of the game to make it 5-2 Milwaukee. About 3 minutes later, Mitch McLain scored for Milwaukee with an assist from Cole Smith. After another 3 minutes, Riley Barber of GR scores a PPG to make it 6-3 Ads.

Milwaukee scored again. Wait a minute, no they didn't! Somebody put their glove over the puck so you couldn't see it was over the line. It wasn't the goalie, it was the GR Dman. Hey, isn't that Delay of Game if it isn't a goal? Not to Ref Shaun of the Dead from the Neck Up Davis. Lots of pushing but no line brawl after the 2 refs don't call any penalties on GR after the first minute of the period. (They sure committed a bunch as they were very physically aggressive the entire period!) Anthony Richard scored a ENG with about 2 minutes remaining to make it 7-3 (really 8-3).

Cole Schneider was the #1 star, Tommy Novak was #2 and GR's Veleno was #3.

Matt Tennyson was a surprise on defense. So was Marc Del Gaizo. Josh Healey had the two biggest hits of the game and McCarron threw the third. Donovan and Allard were paired as the other 2 Dman who weren't Farrance. Devin Cooley played well in goal. GR's Victor Brattstrom also played well in goal. He just didn't get any help from his team at times. It was a shooting gallery out there.

Goon of the Game: Grand Rapids #65 Dominik Shine. He was never called for a penalty. He committed about 10. Right after Schneider scored his 2 goals, Shine hit him in the mouth with his stick.

Ref Grades: Shaun Davis - 3 of 10. He saw a lot of penalties right in front of him that weren't called.
Philip Kasko - 5 of 10. He missed a few, but not right in front of him.

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Forgot to say that Grand Rapids tried to goon it up and start fights in the 3rd . Admirals fought back but never took the bait, which was nice.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Forgot to say that Grand Rapids tried to goon it up and start fights in the 3rd . Admirals fought back but never took the bait, which was nice.

I said the same thing, I was just a little more politically correct for a change.

My daughter said that the refs were bleeping something or anothers in period 3. She was less charitable about Grand Rapids' conduct.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Last edited:
Reactions: Flgatorguy87

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
looks like Glass got sent down to Milwaukee, or at least thats what CapFriendly is showing.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Hmm, not sure I'd have sent Glass back this soon. Seems a bit harsh. Presuming they had to send somebody down if Olivier is coming off IR, I guess I might have sent Tomasino down first, since he's younger.

But hopefully Taylor can work whatever magic it is he has been working down there and get Glass straightened out and sent back up here soon.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
I don’t mind sending Glass down. I think it’s obvious he has some things to work on especially offensively and helping him re-gain his confidence in the AHL can’t be a bad thing.

With Glass down, I’d like to see Tomasino or even Novak as the 3C. I expect it to be Cousins but one can always hope.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I don’t mind sending Glass down. I think it’s obvious he has some things to work on especially offensively and helping him re-gain his confidence in the AHL can’t be a bad thing.

With Glass down, I’d like to see Tomasino or even Novak as the 3C. I expect it to be Cousins but one can always hope.
Agreed. If Glass takes this well then I think it's a great option. If he doesn't take this well, then maybe he still has some growing up to do and isn't ready anyways.

I'd play Novak at this stage. You are really talking about the 4th line by minutes distribution. Cousins, Novak, Olivier is the 4th line.

Taylor has done some awesome things with the other young guys, so I think this is a chance for Glass to get some heavy minutes and really spend time working on his game instead of just surviving. I would say the same thing for Tomasino. I don't like how he has been used so far and this is exactly what I didn't want to happen for him. Get a game, sit a game, play 10 minutes, sit a game, etc. He needs to play minutes and if they aren't going to do that in Nashville he needs to go down. The AHL is different this year and the competition should be stiffer. Tomasino, Glass, and Afanasyev should be the top line in Milwaukee for the next couple months in my mind.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
. Tomasino, Glass, and Afanasyev should be the top line in Milwaukee for the next couple months in my mind.
It might be a great idea for long-term planning to go this route. Next year it's likely that Cousins and Grimaldi are gone. Sliding in a whole line of Afanaseyev-Glass-Tomasino might be made easier if they get 50 games together as a #1 unit in Milwaukee, learning if they have the right chemistry together, etc.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Ads were uneven in their effort tonight. A one point, they led in shots by a 3:1 margin and did not score. They looked disjointed on offense, defense and special teams. Way too many rink wide passes at both blue lines. It worked against Milwaukee and helped Chicago keep them bottled up in the Ads D-zone or helped to minimize the Ads O-zone time. There were too many board battles between 4 to 6 players on the side walls. Those helped the Wolves stall the Milwaukee offense.

Glass was on the ice for Afanasyev's goal. It was the last time I remember seeing him on the ice.
Glass is not a good skater. In period 1, a Chicago Dman received a pass in the trapezoid. He was flat footed, yet he was able to skate past Glass with the puck. Glass tried to cut him off at the hashmarks in the slot and couldn't do it because he didn't get enough angle even though he was about 15 feet in front of the Dman when they both started.

Glass was kicked out of more faceoffs than he won on the #1 line playing with Schneider and Afanasyev. I will admit that I have no idea why he was kicked out of two faceoffs in period 1. He was taken off of the #1 line and the 1PP in the third period. (Afanasyev has played on the 2PP so far and is replaced by Luff on the 1PP).

On a 10 scale, I would rate Glass as a 3. Maybe he will improve in a few games with the team. His individual talent level did not impress me. Olivier outplayed him and won a few faceoffs. Glass' effort was lacking most of the game. Part of that reflects how the team played, which was not that well until the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game. The offense looked sharper without him on the ice after the first goal. They nearly tied that game at the end.

Ref Ratings: Jordan Samuals-Thomas gets a 4 of 10. Didn't do much, didn't call much.

Peter Tarnaris gets a 2 of 10. He missed calling a lot of penalties on Chicago, including on their second goal when Donovan and his stick were held behind he net for 20 seconds or more. Milwaukee was essentially playing with one Dman. After the goal, the Chicago player punched Donovan in the face 15 feet from Tanaris. No call, but it was like that for 56 minutes of the game. Chicago kept interfering with Ads players going back to their bench in the first 5 minutes of the game. Three Ads converged on one of those guys and bumped him around for about 10 seconds like that Night at the Roxy sketch on SNL years ago. That seemed to put a stop to that BS.

Linesmen: Thomas Lyle doesn't seem to know the rules on offside and icing. He tried to call an icing on Milwaukee when I saw and heard the puck hit 2 different sticks on the way down the ice. Several other one stick calls. He got booed for one of them in period three. He gets a 2 of 10.

Dan Kovachik was similar, but not as bad. He gets a 3 of 10.

Reactions: GoldOnGold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad