Votes: 61 15.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.1%

• Total voters

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hate. Eiserman is a DND for me and thankfully, he doesn't strike me as a type HuGo wants. Catton would be cool.

I see a lot of rankings sleeping on Eiserman but not so sure the NHL scouts see it the same way. He's also one of the youngest like Iggy and has a NHL shot. Solid weight at a young age too.

Eiserman is close to Lindstrom in my waive. Seenecke is there too. All 3 of these guys have assets to really like but there are flaws to nit pick with all 3.

Eiserman is likely a 30+ goal threat at the NHL level and so many are sleeping on him. It's strange.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have Demidov at 5. Then Habs trade Flames pick and Jets pick to move up and draft Sennecke. Both traded picks came from Monahan. So, we get Sennecke for Monahan.
Would be nice but not sure how much can be moved up using those two picks alone.

Plus, Sennecke is getting mighty hyped — we’ll have to wait for Bobby Margarita’s final rankings to get an idea where he stacks up and even then, it may not be telling on a draft year such as this.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Linstrom's playoffs? 1 goal with 1 assist in 4 games (14 PIM). ;)

To be fair, I do see Lindstrom's potential. I just have hockey IQ and play making/vision concerns. Combined with the injury and no U18's to evaluate.

Having the ability to see how his game translates at the U18's against the best his age was something I would have been very much interested in.

Go read the article on the Athletic about him and they talk about his playoffs. Coach said that he was far from 100% and wanted to play to help team no matter what even if he knew all the scouting world would be on him and analysing his play. That tells me a lot. He’ll do anything for your team.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
The kid’s got a ton of skill and gets to the middle of the ice to make plays. His agility and quick hands keep defenders guessing - tough to defend.

You can see why he was 4th in WHL scoring.
What I like the most about him is his zone entrance variations. A d can't time him cause he is awesome on the rush and also he is so good to slowing the game at the blue line. He has a hell of a shot as well. The wow factor..its Berkly!!

Last edited:

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Rewatch it and look out for blown D coverage or weak D coverage. I want to see video with him on how he works in actual traffic and against D that knows what they are doing. Because when you turn pro, the time/space is reduced and there are many guys bigger/stronger. You see so many guys his size struggle when they turn pro. He likely never touches 200 lbs. Probably a 180 type with not much grit.

I value Catton but taking him 5th is a reach. He's 10-13 range IMO. I have concerns with Lindstrom but Lindstrom is ahead of Catton slightly for me.

I've done the nit pick game on most of the forwards so far. The least amount I can find is with Tij Iginla. My best advice with the pretender scouts is to watch it looking for mistakes or negatives. See how much you can find. A bit of a switch vs looking for the good stuff only.
If you watch anyone's highlights looking for blown or weak d coverage you'll find it on literally every goal, because goals don't happen without mistakes from the other team's defense.

HURRICANES ROCK

Nov 17, 2007
I'm pretty convinced that Catton will drop out of the top 10. We really gotta capitalize on that.
Don't be too sure. He is really good and his lack of size is being overhyped. He will probably play at 5'11" 185.

His 116 points is one the highest totals by a draft-eligible player in the last 25 years.

He has been a consistently great player for a while now and was the 1st overall pick in the 2021 WHL draft.

He scored 54 goals in just 68 games and nearly 80 goals in only 130 games as a 17/18 year old.

Also, his team was not very good and he did not have a lot of good players around him.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Same size as Demidov and I assure you he's going to be very high on the Habs list.

He's not Caufield, Hutson or Benson, he has an average NHL size. He definitely needs to bulk up tho.
Scott Powers article in The Athletic this week:
People seem to think he’s on the smaller side. I think he’s listed at 5 feet 10 inches, but I also heard an NHL scout say recently that he’s a little taller than Macklin Celebrini, coming in a little over six feet. Do you think his size may be an issue in the NHL?

No, that is wrong. I think he’s got to about 184 (centimeters or 6.04 feet) now, around that. He’s a little taller than me. I think he’ll grow further, too. People usually still grow until they’re 20. I think his father is about 185, something like that. I think he’ll grow.

Reactions: Seb

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Don't be too sure. He is really good and his lack of size is being overhyped. He will probably play at 5'11" 185.
Of course, I can't be absolutely positive, but I believe it will happen as it didn't stop a guy like Seth Jarvis from dropping to 13 either. I just think with all the offensive dmen and bigger guys that have a more dependable 2way game, he will drop out of the top 10.

Reactions: HURRICANES ROCK

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
What I like the most about him is his zone entrance variations. A d can't time him cause he is awesome on the rush and also he is so good to slowing the game at the blue line. He has a hell of a shot as well. The wow factor..it’s Berkly!!
yes! His deceleration is very good - another way he finds space for himself.

he’s also very good at manipulating the D’s feet.
- always attacking their heels …he’ll get them to bite toes out then he’ll punch in.
- on rush, he’ll dangle the puck out between himself and the D where the D thinks they can get it - D will lean on toes (off balance) - then he’ll accelerate around them.

Reactions: crosbyshow

Doctor Bold

Jul 4, 2023
I’ve seen Saku’s son Aatos ranked somewhere between about 60 and 90. Might be a heart-over-head pick but what do you think of using our 2nd or one of our 3rd picks on him?

Reactions: stanley25

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad