If Mike Richards is bought out...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
I think it goes without saying that Vinny would have to be moved.

Hopefully by this method...only way

Fire_Catapult.jpg

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Well he better get a move on because he just turned in another rather average game tonight & this series very well could be a short one.
Really? He could have easily had several primary assists last night if not for flubs or narrow misses. He's still not close to his former self, but that was one of his better games this playoff run IMO.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Really? He could have easily had several primary assists last night if not for flubs or narrow misses. He's still not close to his former self, but that was one of his better games this playoff run IMO.

Maybe so but that's not really saying much. I think he's going to have to really turn water into wine these next few games to remain in LA next year.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
I thought he looked just okay last night until late in the game when he made a few nice plays. He's looked better in other games, and unsurprisingly he usually looks better when Sutter mixes up the lines and he plays with guys besides Lewis and Clifford.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I thought he looked just okay last night until late in the game when he made a few nice plays. He's looked better in other games, and unsurprisingly he usually looks better when Sutter mixes up the lines and he plays with guys besides Lewis and Clifford.

truth be told, clifford and lewis look better when they play with someone else too. Richards use to impact the game in so many ways, now he is just a passenger. Any one wanting him back is basing it off his past not his present and certainly not his future.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
truth be told, clifford and lewis look better when they play with someone else too. Richards use to impact the game in so many ways, now he is just a passenger. Any one wanting him back is basing it off his past not his present and certainly not his future.

Eh, not that much better. I realize they do some things well that aren't about scoring, but they had 19 points between them this year; Richards still had 41. He's not the player he was even a couple years ago but he's not a 4th liner.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Eh, not that much better. I realize they do some things well that aren't about scoring, but they had 19 points between them this year; Richards still had 41. He's not the player he was even a couple years ago but he's not a 4th liner.
Not that I think Richards is useless either, but he started this season pretty strong and got worse and worse as it progressed. IMO it seems like a conditioning issue. It hurts to look at him labor up and down the ice, stumble, and get knocked off the puck. Hopefully he finds some motivation to get in better shape this offseason, because he's sort of gotten away with it until now (although winning the cup wouldn't help with that).

Embiid

May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Not that I think Richards is useless either, but he started this season pretty strong and got worse and worse as it progressed. IMO it seems like a conditioning issue. It hurts to look at him labor up and down the ice, stumble, and get knocked off the puck. Hopefully he finds some motivation to get in better shape this offseason, because he's sort of gotten away with it until now (although winning the cup wouldn't help with that).

After the 2010 Cup appearance Holmgren pretty much insinuated that Richards needed to improve his conditioning...saying he played well but it wasn't enough and he needed to learn to get over the hump. Guy plays hard but his body can only take so much playing that style especially if he's not conditioning himself properly. Also the injuries haven't helped. Carter on the other hand seems to have recovered strongly from his foot injuries and he has that speed back that backs off defenders..plus he's always been pretty strong and better conditioned.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Richards definitely looks absolutely battered and beaten down. I'm not going to assume things about conditioning because I really don't know how someone is supposed to speak intelligently on that, but it definitely seems injuries have taken away that extra jump he used to have

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
After the 2010 Cup appearance Holmgren pretty much insinuated that Richards needed to improve his conditioning...saying he played well but it wasn't enough and he needed to learn to get over the hump. Guy plays hard but his body can only take so much playing that style especially if he's not conditioning himself properly. Also the injuries haven't helped. Carter on the other hand seems to have recovered strongly from his foot injuries and he has that speed back that backs off defenders..plus he's always been pretty strong and better conditioned.
Carter has always been a much better natural athlete than Richards, but Richards' got away with it because his strengths lie in how he reads the game. Right now his athletic ability is deteriorating to the point where he's just trying to keep rather than make a difference, so his hockey IQ isn't a big factor.
Richards definitely looks absolutely battered and beaten down. I'm not going to assume things about conditioning because I really don't know how someone is supposed to speak intelligently on that, but it definitely seems injuries have taken away that extra jump he used to have
Yeah, I really don't know what's plaguing him. I'm just going off of what I see combined with vague reports that conditioning is an issue for him. Maybe he's playing injured, and I guess we'll find out after the season. Having said that, a lot of injuries can be the result of poor conditioning.

Embiid

May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Carter has always been a much better natural athlete than Richards, but Richards' got away with it because his strengths lie in how he reads the game. Right now his athletic ability is deteriorating to the point where he's just trying to keep rather than make a difference, so his hockey IQ isn't a big factor.

Yeah, I really don't know what's plaguing him. I'm just going off of what I see combined with vague reports that conditioning is an issue for him. Maybe he's playing injured, and I guess we'll find out after the season. Having said that, a lot of injuries can be the result of poor conditioning.

Yup...also was going to say the same thing about conditioning and injuries...they do go hand in hand oftentimes.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I think Richards' biggest issue is a mushy brain after that last big concussion. That injury was a pretty big and clear dividing point as a "his play before/after" point. As Norm mentioned, Richards' ability to read the game was what really made him great (not loads of athletic talent), and I don't think he's doing as good a job of that.

El Emperor

Apr 2, 2010
Woodstown, NJ
Just wanted to point out that after Richards' post game comments to Pierre last night, in no way do I want him back. The guy still seems to be holding a grudge. While Carter has at least made comments recently that he has changed since the trade, Richie just seems to not be able to let it go. Regardless if the Flyers were interested or not, he's not coming back.

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
Just wanted to point out that after Richards' post game comments to Pierre last night, in no way do I want him back. The guy still seems to be holding a grudge. While Carter has at least made comments recently that he has changed since the trade, Richie just seems to not be able to let it go. Regardless if the Flyers were interested or not, he's not coming back.

what did he say?

RJ8812*

I don't know why anyone would want him back anyways

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Richards looks to be having balance issues. Doesn't seem like he can hold his edges like he used to.Concussions were mentioned, I'd agree with that. Still a brilliant defender, so smart and active with his stick. No problems with his comments last night, still glad Homer had the sense to trade him. Although admittedly, I had a problem with it at the time. Carter has taken the exact opposite direction, no longer invisible when he isn't scoring and an absolute man among boys this season.

El Emperor

Apr 2, 2010
Woodstown, NJ
Pierre asked him about the past with Carter and he said something like everyone knows what happened with our former team.

doesn't seem very grudge worthy.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just over sensitive about it. Just the tone of how he said it just came off to me as someone that is still bitter about what happened.

Zod

Disappointment Train
May 31, 2011
May have been annoyed about being asked about it. The Kings won the Cup--there are plenty of other things to focus on in an interview!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't know. Maybe I'm just over sensitive about it. Just the tone of how he said it just came off to me as someone that is still bitter about what happened.

It sounded to me like he was brushing the question off. The real issue is that Pens-lover asked such a question.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Haven't heard it yet, but he most assuredly was not any of that when asked the same question on-ice in 2012, by Pierre. I think he is just tired of hearing it, he's said all he has to say about it. I'm sure he still appreciates the support he gets from Flyers fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad