Ice Girls are back

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
It's listed 1/2 way down the article.... Seems they will be back.... They are tired of the fans booing everytime the guys come scrape the ice...

During a first-period break, Flyers public address announcer Lou Nolan informed fans that the Ice Girls will return for the regular season.

Well, at least some of them. There will be tryouts, males and females, on Sunday at the Skate Zone in Voorhees. Check-in is at 11 a.m.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...s_preseason_debut_as_Flyers_beat_Rangers.html

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
WHO. THE. ****. CARES.

What the hell is wrong with people that they would complain about this either way? Doesn't anyone have anything better to do than complain about the most minimal, insignificant, and ridiculous ********? The people campaigning to have them removed are pathetic and the people campaigning to get them back are exactly the same. I literally can't imagine anything that matters less.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
WHO. THE. ****. CARES.

What the hell is wrong with people that they would complain about this either way? Doesn't anyone have anything better to do than complain about the most minimal, insignificant, and ridiculous ********? The people campaigning to have them removed are pathetic and the people campaigning to get them back are exactly the same. I literally can't imagine anything that matters less.

I think the booing was a joke that the Flyers took seriously. I don't think anyone would really care whether or not they came back. At least I hope.

I wonder if they're going to get paid more this time? I think that was the biggest complaint from the last crew.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think the booing was a joke that the Flyers took seriously. I don't think anyone would really care whether or not they came back. At least I hope.

I wonder if they're going to get paid more this time? I think that was the biggest complaint from the last crew.

Yeah, I know the crowd booing was a joke, but there are actually people online who are serious about it both ways.

CanadianSniper

Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah, I know the crowd booing was a joke, but there are actually people online who are serious about it both ways.

Lol like Adam Proteau? Guy is such a joke with his "holier-than-thou" condemnations. He specifically attacks Philly as though they are the only team with Ice Girls, and like it's a big deal. Used to like him somewhat as a writer but in the last while he's come across as a pompous ass.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
WHO. THE. ****. CARES.

One could make that argument about each and everything in the world. Why even bother to post then....

People who hate sports or like some other sport could say the same thing about hockey. Take that attitude, and it never ends...

Anyway - just thought I'd mention the article...

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Lol like Adam Proteau? Guy is such a joke with his "holier-than-thou" condemnations. He specifically attacks Philly as though they are the only team with Ice Girls, and like it's a big deal. Used to like him somewhat as a writer but in the last while he's come across as a pompous ass.

The thing I find funny about the whole thing is these girls choose to do it. No one is holding a gun to their head telling them they have to be an ice girl.

Just more and more people pretending to be angry and offended over nothing substantial.

''IM OFFENDED!''

So the **** what?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The thing I find funny about the whole thing is these girls choose to do it. No one is holding a gun to their head telling them they have to be an ice girl.

Just more and more people pretending to be angry and offended over nothing substantial.

''IM OFFENDED!''

So the **** what?

The positions are so insignificant for teams to actually care (same goes with cheerleaders in football) about paying them a lot of money or whatever else they want.

Most of these girls go into these things for the glamour & recognition they recieve from it. The demand isn't high from the team's standpoint because there's never a shortage on girls who want to be in that position.

Honestly you're pretty stupid if you go into these things thinking that it's going to be a long term thing & it's going to be anything more than something fun to do.

I don't care if the teams have these type things or not nor do I care if they're not receiving anything noteworthy for it because it's such a meaningless thing that nobodies forcing anyone to do.

CanadianSniper

Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

''IM OFFENDED!''

So the **** what?

Exactly, these girls have to go through tryouts and everything to get on the crew, they do it because they WANT to do it, and it's a fun job for them, a lot of whom are going through college or university, and some people like Proteau are calling for the ice girls to be thrown out, and that just puts them out of a job.
Proteau made a tweet about Anaheim inviting Hillary Knight to their practice, and said "see Philly, now that's a real ice girl", completely ignoring the fact Haley Wickenheiser has been to two Philly practices over the years. He just makes me angry. Like, we get it, you hate Philadelphia and want to come off as better than everyone else.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
One could make that argument about each and everything in the world. Why even bother to post then....

People who hate sports or like some other sport could say the same thing about hockey. Take that attitude, and it never ends...

Anyway - just thought I'd mention the article...

No, you couldn't. This is something so insignificant that there is literally zero reason for people to be upset or offended by it, yet that doesn't stop people from incessantly *****ing and crying about it and trying to either get it removed or reinstated. There's a difference between disliking something and going out of your way to complain about it and try to change it.

And when I said "who the **** cares" it wasn't directed at you for posting the article, it was directed at the people complaining about it all over the internet.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
No, you couldn't. This is something so insignificant that there is literally zero reason for people to be upset or offended by it, yet that doesn't stop people from incessantly *****ing and crying about it and trying to either get it removed or reinstated. There's a difference between disliking something and going out of your way to complain about it and try to change it.

And when I said "who the **** cares" it wasn't directed at you for posting the article, it was directed at the people complaining about it all over the internet.

I agree, but you are getting very upset yourself!

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I agree, but you are getting very upset yourself!

It's always the same **** with different subjects, people go out of their way to get offended over nothing because they're delicate little snowflakes with fragile feelings and the world needs to change so they can feel all snuggly and warm. :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

:laugh:

Jgboys1

Apr 28, 2012
Long Island New York
i was expecting pix. I am teh disappoint.

image.jpg

peedicrakk

Apr 13, 2014
ARDMORE, PA
Knowing a couple of girls who were ice girls, they just wait until they're no longer ice girls. :sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5