GDT: I Hope You Can Watch This ! @ 19:00EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Sucks about Jake, but I'm excited to see Kap w/ Sid. Who knows, if those two jive, maybe we can see Jake back w/ Geno again.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Penguins -vs- anyone but the west coast.... I'm down.
Penguins -vs- the dreaded rival capitals... I'm down.

Put me down for this one.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I have hulu so hopefully can get it. Been able to get other games in the past.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I think it's great that Kappy is getting a shot next to Sid, but with Geno coming back soon, I don't really get it. The reason I say this is because I think we all know that Kapp and Geno will be tied together...and likely Zucker will be tethered to them too. However, I think this is the perfect opportunity to see if Zucker can pick his game up by playing with Sid. If he did, when healthy :sarcasm: the tope two lines could be Zuck - Sid - Rust, Jake - Geno - Kappy. That is a top 6 that I really want to see. But we already know what Sully is going to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Do I have to pay to watch this? I get ESPN through my cable tv.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Do I have to pay to watch this? I get ESPN through my cable tv.
ESPS+ is streaming not cable. Can watch on yr computer, phone, some TV w Firestick, Hulu.

So yes you have to pay. Can get a more th subscription for about $8 I think.

Reactions: Jacob

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi everyone,

Just dropping by to express my appreciation to those who have wished my Canucks well and a HUGE Thanks to your Boys for the beating last weekend, leading to the overdue sea change in our organization.

I understand that many of you aren’t crazy about the JR hire, but most of us in Canucks Nation are ok with him in the POHO position, as he is strong enough to push the Ownership to step back from meddling (FA in particular). The key will be the next GM hired.

Back to your Team, best wishes tonight and going forward.

Memes in friendship and good luck:
7927D596-FEC7-4CC0-A76C-EDA6696C4426.jpeg
7688D4C7-1622-4D9E-B5C4-808DC458B93E.jpeg
3612CE06-87DA-4533-A595-EA873C8888C9.jpeg
472A7D89-0E47-4F70-B5B0-EBB7B08AF402.jpeg
099808C8-B8A6-427C-B8A9-14EAD67CC3AF.jpeg
A0E26360-7DBC-4F58-832E-D431817F6AC7.jpeg
265FF759-32B5-47D5-ADEB-03F72659183F.jpeg
F7B6CB26-A283-4E01-B689-9ADC6BF82414.jpeg
117EBDE1-BD9E-4659-8665-A0A6390544CD.jpeg
0EBAE74C-32C6-40A9-BBE4-36101CD178A0.jpeg

ps. Always get a chuckle from your simple, direct GDT’s @Clare2904

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Hope we come back seeking some redemption for the colossal turd we laid on the ice last game (vs Washington.)

Sprong hasn’t scored since he played us, so he’s probably due.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Maybe this could lead to Jake - Sid - Kapp and Zuck - Geno - Rust. I hate that it takes injuries to force Sully to try something different with his top two lines.
ERod was starting to build a pretty good case to replace Rust too, considering Rust played well with Malkin historically.

I think Kap is more the problem than his linemates, but hopefully this will give him some juice.

Yeah, it's a shame that Sully's so unadaptable. Heinen+Carter seems to be working. Took a lot for him to bring it back.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
ERod was starting to build a pretty good case to replace Rust too, considering Rust played well with Malkin historically.

I think Kap is more the problem than his linemates, but hopefully this will give him some juice.

Yeah, it's a shame that Sully's so unadaptable. Heinen+Carter seems to be working. Took a lot for him to bring it back.
I do like Sully as a coach, but he seems to allow injuries to dictate his plans. Either that or the mentality of "it worked before, so it could work again". Oh someone got injured, play ZAR with Blueger, oh we lost a game...better go back to ZAR with Blueger. We all saw how great Jake - Geno - Rust are as a line, but unless Sid is on IR, we won't ever see it again. I do agree on Heinen+Carter...but the 3rd member depends on what role Sully wants them to play. I could see McGinn working...but I think Zucker is the best option for them. The problem then is who plays in the top 6. Honestly, if Jake, Rust and Geno were all healthy, I would give something like this a game or two

Jake - Sid - ERod
Rust -Geno - Kappy
Zucker - Carter - Heinen
McGinn - Blueger - ZAR/Simon/Boyle/DOC (rotate them out almost every game)

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I do like Sully as a coach, but he seems to allow injuries to dictate his plans. Either that or the mentality of "it worked before, so it could work again". Oh someone got injured, play ZAR with Blueger, oh we lost a game...better go back to ZAR with Blueger. We all saw how great Jake - Geno - Rust are as a line, but unless Sid is on IR, we won't ever see it again. I do agree on Heinen+Carter...but the 3rd member depends on what role Sully wants them to play. I could see McGinn working...but I think Zucker is the best option for them. The problem then is who plays in the top 6. Honestly, if Jake, Rust and Geno were all healthy, I would give something like this a game or two

Jake - Sid - ERod
Rust -Geno - Kappy
Zucker - Carter - Heinen
McGinn - Blueger - ZAR/Simon/Boyle/DOC (rotate them out almost every game)
We'll never be fully healthy, but if we were I would like to see the results with...

Heinen - Sid - Carter
Guentzel - Malkin - Rust
McGinn - ERod - Kap
Zucker - Blueger - DOC

Zuck doesn't produce enough to warrant being higher imo. It's mostly just his cap hit and past success holding him there.
I have little doubt that McGinn would outperform him.

Carter and Heinen can work well with Sid on the walls. Both are good shooters. This would be good for Carter's work load management too, since playing C is more taxing. He would get opportunities to shoot from range with 87.
GMR was the best line in hockey when together, and deserve another extended look at least.
Kap and ERod have some chemistry when Zucker's not disrupting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad