Proposal: Hurricanes-Stars

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Did you make a mistake for which team sends the pick.? Anyway this proposal seems odd in the first place. Sharp is too old for the Canes.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'm struggling to see why Carolina does this.

Dallas should take this just on value alone, even if it hurts us cap-wise down the road.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Is there rationale behind this trade? Carolina is rebuilding and trying to get younger, not older. You don't trade away first round picks when you're in their position either. Not a very well thought out trade.

David Bondra

Apr 5, 2016
Dallas, Texas
Knowing Jim Nill he could absolutely do this of course!

Okay, no. I've been rather critical of Skinner for a while, but an aging top-6 winger for a slightly worse 24-year-old winger who could get 70 points on a line with Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin?

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
tumblr_lkc15vLLAy1qhxr17o1_250.gif

awful

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Why in the blue hell would Carolina do this? Would love to hear an explanation from the OP.

I usually say that I have no clue about value, because honestly, none of us do. However, this is an outlandish and horrible deal for Carolina that makes zero sense. I don't even think it gets accepted in EA Sports NHL 16.

Countrygirl

Aug 31, 2016
But Sharp is a player that'll make the hurricanes instant cup contenders :sarcasm:

I just don't know why they'd give up Skinner AND a 1st? I don't even think they'd have any interest in Sharp in the first place.

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
The reason why we do it is simple Patrick Sharp is a superstar who has won the cup. Jeff skinner is literally going to have mashed potato brains after one more hit. We have to send the 1st round pick to compensate for when skinner literally dies. Its pretty simple logic.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Yes. How fast can we get this complete? Thank you for knowing exactly what the Canes need to take that next big step into contention.

I was thinking we were never going to find the aging veteran who can't play top-line minutes that we needed to complete this team...but now, trading for Sharp and offering Torres a PTO. Wow! To think just a few weeks ago, I was thinking this team was very young.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Boy oh boy. I love this deal for Carolina. If we hadn't already dealt Skinner in that great trade with NYI for Kulemin already, I'd totally do this one. Jeff Skinner only scored 28 goals (51 points) last year, whereas Patrick Sharp scored 20 goals (55 points) playing on a much lower offensive squad, the Dallas Stars. The Stars only scored 267 goals last year, whereas the Skinner-leaching high-flying Hurricanes scored 198 goals. Also, Skinner's linemates were probably the best in the NHL, most commonly playing with Victor Rask, Phil Di Giuseppe, Elias Lindholm, Kris Versteeg, and Chris Terry. Patrick Sharp was saddled with low-lifes like Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin, and Cody Eakin (OK, and a little bit of Antoine Roussel).

So not only do we get the player who scored more goals, we also get the player who had less opportunity to score points, worse linemates, and is younger.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
This makes a ton of sense from Carolinas end. Lets be sure to include a box of Bojangles and some Eastern NC BBQ to send to Dallas.

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Carolina takes this and runs, probably needs to add a D though.

Skinner, 1st, Jaccob Slavin for Sharp is closer value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad