HF Habs: HuGo Moves Approval Rates (Year III)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you approve the following moves/decisions - Select all what you agree with

• Montembeault Extension

Votes: 118 83.7%
  • Monahan Trade

Votes: 134 95.0%
  • Allen Trade

Votes: 124 87.9%
  • Demidov pick

Votes: 140 99.3%
  • 26<->21 picks swap

Votes: 124 87.9%
  • Hage pick

Votes: 135 95.7%
  • Rest of 2024 picks

Votes: 71 50.4%
  • Kovacevic trade

Votes: 116 82.3%
  • ABB signature

Votes: 54 38.3%
  • Slafkovsky extension

Votes: 134 95.0%
  • Xhekaj Extension

Votes: 132 93.6%
  • Barron Extension

Votes: 116 82.3%
  • Guhle Extension

Votes: 133 94.3%
  • Laine Trade

Votes: 138 97.9%
  • Pascal Vincent

Votes: 50 35.5%
  • Burrows non replacement

Votes: 27 19.1%

• Total voters

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
It's that time of the year again 🎊 🎉

For the 3rd year let's take a look at the approval rates of Habs management

I, for one, am a fan of everything they do 😻, patience, opportunism, long term vision, negotiation skills, asset management...

This year again lots of moves even though I didn't include ELC signatures and Laval bound signatures and trades

Interesting to see which moves get the highest percentages and which get the lowest ones :popcorn:

Expect Demidov to hit 100% or you're trolling :dunno:

Please take the time to select all what you agree with

Cheers 🍻

Here are year 1 and year 2 approval rates for reference:

Sep 2022
HF Habs: - HuGo moves approval rates

Sep 2023
HF Habs: - HuGo moves approval rates (Year II)

B1g B1rd

Habs Best Def of all times
May 21, 2018
- I didnt vote for the rest of 2024 picks as I dont know enough about these prospects
- ABB seems like a shot in the dark
- Burrows non replacement is a bit weird. I would like an assistant with experience a la Guy Boucher. Maybe not him but someone similar with NHL and PP experience.
I voted yes for the rest

Doom Bot

Aug 30, 2024
The only thing I've actually been kinda peeved about since Gorton's hiring is the Mesar pick, but I had Hutson at that pick anyways so it's a wash. Everything else has either been fantastic, or at least the thinking behind it was sound. Not to mention the degree of professionalism is night and day from Bergevin.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Do know enough about the later picks to vote on that. But only move i didnt like was the mesar pick. But i feel like that was done to make slaf move comfortable

Reactions: bonneaug

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Do know enough about the later picks to vote on that. But only move i didnt like was the mesar pick. But i feel like that was done to make slaf move comfortable

I don't think the Habs would use their late 1st just to make Slaf more comfortable.

They were able to get Newhook amd Hage the next two years with late 1sts. That's too valuable an asset to use for those purposes.

Reactions: Whalers Fan

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
People are overreacting over the Vincent hiring.

Yeah, me and others not liking the hiring doesn't mean it was wrong, it may end up the best thing in the world in few years

I don't think it was the right fit, the best development guy for what we are trying to do, liked more Favreau for instance.
Time will tell

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It was close to a perfect summer but to be fair, some as to do with luck.

They and all the fan base wanted Demidov. Him falling to us was gift.
They traded up to get Hage. They got what he was looking for, but that's also a bit of luck.

They had to clean the defensive squad. They traded Harris and Kovacevic.
They weaponize his cap space with a top 6 player like he did with Monahan.
They signed everybody before camp and all to the liking of the fan base.

And just like that, after 2.5 years on the job, we're about to watch aguably the best top 6 unit the Habs had in the last 15 years, and with Demidov next year....it will be the best in the last 30 years.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
I like 95% of Gordon/Hugues' decisions except some draft picks like Mesar, Logan Sawyer when Carson Wetsch or Miguel Marques were available, Mikus Vechvanags when Luke Missa or Justin Poirier were available and Ben Merill when Miroslav Satan or Alex Zetterberg were available.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
I did not vote for Burrows, Vincent, ABB, 2024 picks and Allen trade. Allen trade is OK, but it was too late and negatively impacted our team.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Great to see 2022 votes. 102 liked Slaf pick, but 105 liked Mesar pick :)

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He's about average GM. Win some, lost some. Barron no hockey sense. Allen contract he had to retain on to move it. Mesa first pick throw away.

Trading for a lot of injury riddled players thou. Not sure how that works out. Gets them cheap now but he's walking out on thin limb

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
He's about average GM. Win some, lost some. Barron no hockey sense. Allen contract he had to retain on to move it. Mesa first pick throw away.

Trading for a lot of injury riddled players thou. Not sure how that works out. Gets them cheap now but he's walking out on thin limb

Bergy bet on questionable attitude to get cheap talent. So many examples.
HuGo are betting against past injuries.

Gambling will be gambling, but doctors are usually better predictors of future results than CHaracter.

Also, HuGo aim at younger "question marks" - better chance at improvement.

And, finally, Bergy never had the balls to mortgage for prime targets. While we appreciate it now, we let Price down imo.

The full retail + overbidding, real star trade, we'll make when it's time to plug the last hole or two.

Burrows non-replacement & the Pascal Vincent hire are my inconsistencies from this list, the rest was all good. The Barron trade did not work out as we had anticipated, but extending him (which is the part included in the poll) is just fair asset management. Not his fault we drafted two right-handed future studs.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
- I didnt vote for the rest of 2024 picks as I dont know enough about these prospects
- ABB seems like a shot in the dark
- Burrows non replacement is a bit weird. I would like an assistant with experience a la Guy Boucher. Maybe not him but someone similar with NHL and PP experience.
I voted yes for the rest

He's a proven AHL vet. :dunno:

Reactions: Vachon23

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I would vote on your very cool poll but this site is so shite and riddled with ads that I can't vote on more than one option, so yeah.

The only things I don't agree with are the 26-21 swaps and the Burrows non-replacement. Also unsure if I'm happy with the late round picks this year but hey, were nitpicking.

Reactions: TRG and Sasha Orlov

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I would vote on your very cool poll but this site is so shite and riddled with ads that I can't vote on more than one option, so yeah.

The only things I don't agree with are the 26-21 swaps and the Burrows non-replacement. Also unsure if I'm happy with the late round picks this year but hey, were nitpicking.
What makes me laugh about the site is when my ad blocker is on, I can see not 10, not 20, but a fricking 304 ads being blocked. It's astonishing really. I love you all guys, but one day if I find a decent alternative I will jump on it.

Regarding the pool, many other decisions could have been added, like sending Armia to the AHL (clear message), etc.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
I think HuGo have made a terrific job since coming over, and it's easier to think of the moves they made I dislike instead of the opposite.

Very first trade (Toffoli)'s return was a bit underwhelming, even when it happened.

Don't like that MSL hasn't hired an experienced assistant coach. Feels this is something that could hang under his neck in a few years.

I can't think of any other right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paddyjack

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
two things i wasnt thrill when it happened, the trade for Matheson and i was terribly wrong and Allen extension, didnt like the timing of the extension and the contract and i was sadly right on that one even if it didnt hurt the team too badly

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Regarding the pool, many other decisions could have been added, like sending Armia to the AHL (clear message), etc.
There were lots of entries I could've added but it would've been too many options,
think of all the ELCs accorded, kapanen, davidson, tuch....
All the AHL trades and signings like connor hughes, gignac, durandeau,
all the people we let walk like norlinder or lias andersson..
Lots of small decisions and moves that would've made the poll too big

Allen extension, didnt like the timing of the extension and the contract and i was sadly right on that one even if it didnt hurt the team too badly
Think of it as if we didn't do that and without all the first minute goals, we dont have Demidov today :D

Reactions: Paddyjack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad