OT: How old are you?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
I was an Edmonton fan as a child and my favorite player was Cujo and I followed him to Toronto and been loyal ever since and always will be. GO LEAFS!!!!

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Just turned 22. Been a leaf fan since I was a wee one, but didn't start religiously following it till about 2008-2009 season.

Twix

Patch of velcro
Aug 12, 2011
I was an Edmonton fan as a child and my favorite player was Cujo and I followed him to Toronto and been loyal ever since and always will be. GO LEAFS!!!!

Somewhat similar for me. I was causal fan in the early 90's, but was way more into baseball as a kid as the Jays were killing it in those days. After the MLB strike I lost interest and slowly waned back to hockey becoming an Oilers fan because of Cujo. Once he joined the Leafs I took the the step from causal fan to a Leaf lifer.

Bit of an aside, but I will never forget the 93 playoff run against the Kings. As a first generation Canadian it was the first time I saw my family and extended family all get together to live and die with the Leafs in every game. Nothing really ever since has brought them together like that, maybe Donovan Bailey in 1996, that was magic. But, I digress.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I'm turning 30 in two weeks!
(I expect lots of birthday wishes!) :)

29 in two weeks.

Like fine wine, Daisy.... :laugh:

Started watching in 88, consciously. My dad used to hold me as a baby through entire Leaf games. Told my Maaa it was good for me.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
20, Soon to be 21 in a little over a month.

My first Leafs memory is the 2000 playoff series against the Sens,

Watched the Leafs most every Saturday between then and 2004, Didn't really start following the Leafs(or even hockey for that matter) until the 2008-2009 season after the 2005 lockout.

I also remember when I was a wee boy(like 4 or 5) I cheered for the Detroit Red Wings for some reason, I also have vivid memories for Game 6 of the 1999 stanley cup final. That's the first hockey game I can remember watching.

Went a bit off topic there. :D

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Should I be concerned about a person on the internet called "no threat" who wants to know how young I am? Do people die past 41 or is that no concern to the OP...little strange.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
21 turning 22 at the end of the year. Been watching the Leafs since 95/96 when we moved here.

This year is going to be interesting though, I have always had the Wings as my #2 team and with them in the coming to the East again, who do I cheer for now?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
In my prime.

I thought of this song. Somewhat fitting for a mod too :laugh:

Well, I’m a mighty, mighty man, I’m young and I’m in my prime
Yes I’m a mighty, mighty man, I’m young and I’m in my prime
Well, I don’t pick my jobs I’m ready for any ol’ kind

Yes, I’m a real young man, a brand new twenty-five
Yes I’m a real young man, a brand new twenty-five
Well, I’m willing, I’m able, I’m practically much alive

Well, I’m six-feet-tall, I ain’t no hand-me-down
Yes I’m six-feet-tall, and I ain’t no hand me down
Well, I got a gal in town who calls me Good Rockin’ Brown
SAX SOLO
And now!
Well, I’m a mighty man, I’m young and I’m in my prime
Yes, a mighty, mighty man, I’m young and I’m in my prime
Well, when you want me, holler and I’ll be there on time
TRUMPET SOLO
Well, I’m a single man, I really don’t need a wife (Pick up, you gals!)
Yes, I’m a single man, and I really don’t need a wife
Well I aim to stay this way, cause' oh what a wonderful life

Well, when there's work to do, send for the mighty one
Yes, when there's work to do you better send for the mighty one
He’ll stay on the job, until the job is done

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
By hockey terms, I just wrapped up my ELC and playing in the first year of my 2nd contract.

Also known as 22.

Last edited:

Due North

Mar 16, 2010
I'm 59. I'm probably one of the few people here
that remembers the last Stanley Cup of 67:D. I don't
remember much of the 62 to 64 Cup finals though.:(

R McD

Jun 21, 2010
The GTA.
Been a casual bandwagon fan of the Leafs since 93. Wasn't till the 07-08 season that I really got into hockey.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
29 in two weeks.

Like fine wine, Daisy.... :laugh:

Started watching in 88, consciously. My dad used to hold me as a baby through entire Leaf games. Told my Maaa it was good for me.

darn straight! ;)

I grew up in Toronto, but I never even knew what the Leafs were. (my household was a baseball household). So while I kind of foggy remember "touch them all Joe!" and all of that - I didn't even know/hear about the Gilmore high stick.

I have to say I am so thankful that Mats hit that post and in, to trigger the sweet of Ottawa, or I'd never would have a leafs fan. (actually, am thankful there was nothing I wanted to watch on teevee that night LOL). I'm also glad to know all of you lot, even though some of you are the most craziest people I know :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad