How long before Shero feels the pressure? Fire Shero?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How long until you hold him accountable?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
The argument on drafting is McLeod should be an NHL contributor at this point and overall Zacha is disappointing for his draft position (and Zacha was Conte’s pick).

The heat is on Shero is because his first big rebuild bet hasn’t worked as intended (in terms of team play, Hall himself was more than you can ask for) and he has stuck far far to long with Hynes. His bets this offseason hasn’t worked out either.

The thing he has going for him was the player were all small stake bets in terms of why they gave up. The Hynes hire is the big thing because it calls in to question his hiring process.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The argument on drafting is McLeod should be an NHL contributor at this point and overall Zacha is disappointing for his draft position (and Zacha was Conte’s pick).

The heat is on Shero is because his first big rebuild bet hasn’t worked as intended (in terms of team play, Hall himself was more than you can ask for) and he has stuck far far to long with Hynes. His bets this offseason hasn’t worked out either.

The thing he has going for him was the player were all small stake bets in terms of why they gave up. The Hynes hire is the big thing because it calls in to question his hiring process.

Should he? He is 21 on a team with a lot of centers.

There is no set time on when prospects have to deliver. They are all different.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Should he? He is 21 on a team with a lot of centers.

There is no set time on when prospects have to deliver. They are all different.

Centers can move to wing. Yes, I’m asking a top-15 draft pick to be in the NHL by year 3+ of their draft year. Not being being able to crack the league suggests a ceiling on their career.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Centers can move to wing. Yes, I’m asking a top-15 draft pick to be in the NHL by year 3+ of their draft year. Not being being able to crack the league suggests a ceiling on their career.

Let’s be honest: McLeod is struggling in the AHL. It’s one thing if he was just blocked, but that’s not the issue.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
mcleod will likely be a throw in a future trade. not necessarily a knock against him, but he may need a fresh start on a team where he’ll have an opportunity for a top 9 spot. right now, that pick is pretty much the only blemish on shero’s drafting record, but there’s still time for him to turn it around

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
mcleod will likely be a throw in a future trade. not necessarily a knock against him, but he may need a fresh start on a team where he’ll have an opportunity for a top 9 spot. right now, that pick is pretty much the only blemish on shero’s drafting record, but there’s still time for him to turn it around

There really isn’t a spot for him on this roster at center. Even when Zajac is gone you still have Coleman on top of the two young studs and Zacha.

The coaches and press constantly bring him up as a guy making big strides in improving his overall game so I do believe he can and will carve out a NHL role eventually.

Reactions: MartyOwns

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
A loser coaching staff with no answers should not be able to survive yesterday’s game. It just can’t happen if you’re serious about putting a winning product on the ice. And if Ray believes that much in Hynes, then he should still fire him and come downstairs himself and take the brunt of it for putting together such a tremendously steaming pile of shit roster. What a total gong show this has become.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
This is insane. I come here everyday to see if hynes got fired yet but nope. I'm 100% convinced that Hynes will not be fired. It's at the point the only way I see us getting away from hynes is if Shero goes aswell.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
I want Shero gone, seriously. The fact his sack of shit hand picked scrotum of a coach is still here after yesterday is pathetic.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
There really isn’t a spot for him on this roster at center. Even when Zajac is gone you still have Coleman on top of the two young studs and Zacha.

The coaches and press constantly bring him up as a guy making big strides in improving his overall game so I do believe he can and will carve out a NHL role eventually.

McLeod will not be an impact player at the NHL level. They talk him up as a guy making big strides because he's a first-round pick who isn't in the NHL. 27 shots in 22 AHL games so far this season - even if he doesn't play the power play at all, which I doubt, there just aren't very many forwards who get this few shots on net and have a big offensive impact.

Bankers Box

Aug 26, 2009
I want Shero gone, seriously. The fact his sack of **** hand picked scrotum of a coach is still here after yesterday is pathetic.

I also would like to see Shero gone at the end of this failure of a year and replaced by Fitz.

Shero has not shown he can build a decent team. He can't complain about talent anymore, he put this horrible mess of a team together and he hired and extended Hynes.

Reactions: mdj12784

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I also would like to see Shero gone at the end of this failure of a year and replaced by Fitz.

Shero has not shown he can build a decent team. He can't complain about talent anymore, he put this horrible mess of a team together and he hired and extended Hynes.

What makes you think Fitz would be any better? He was literally on the bench with Hynes and if Shero doesn't fire Hynes, wouldn't Fitz be just as complicit as Shero?

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Sheros going to get fired unfortunately. I say unfortunately because I normally like him but he made bold moves this summer that have not paid off. Subban is going to cost him is job but he knew that was the risk he was taking.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sheros going to get fired unfortunately. I say unfortunately because I normally like him but he made bold moves this summer that have not paid off. Subban is going to cost him is job but he knew that was the risk he was taking.

Why? We gave up very little, and he is only here for two years after this season and the team has plenty of cap space.

The move made sense and I wager will look better once a new coach comes in.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Shero’s only chance to save himself is striking gold on the next coach if he actually survives long enough to pick him.

He had a chance to save the season and he decided to let Hynes completely ruin it. Now there’s no more rope left, he only has one option and if he won’t take it then he needs to be gone.

Reactions: Tretyak 20

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
This is becoming the "New Coke" of hockey teams.

Also, this season makes me wonder if some people have really misread some of the trends in the game. I would include myself in there.

Last edited:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Shero’s only chance to save himself is striking gold on the next coach if he actually survives long enough to pick him.

He had a chance to save the season and he decided to let Hynes completely ruin it. Now there’s no more rope left, he only has one option and if he won’t take it then he needs to be gone.

I don't think ownership sees it that way though, and ultimately they're the ones who would make any decision on firing Shero. I think it would take at least another bad season after this one to get him on the hot seat.

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Maybe the owners don't want to pay Hynes for those 3 or 4 years he has left? I don't see any other reason for him still being there. Or Shero is blind and can't see what is happening on the ice. Remember Philadelphia in NBA still has the same same coach since 2013, sure they went through painfull rebuild but the owners are the same.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Maybe the owners don't want to pay Hynes for those 3 or 4 years he has left? I don't see any other reason for him still being there. Or Shero is blind and can't see what is happening on the ice. Remember Philadelphia in NBA still has the same same coach since 2013, sure they went through painfull rebuild but the owners are the same.

Yes, & the 76ers are top team in the NBA now. We aren't remotely close to being one.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

The fans need to make them pay for it. Empty seats are loudest. If 4000 fewer people show up for each game, thats Hynes salary right there.

Reactions: artemponomarev
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad