How Do You Think Chantel Is Doing?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

La Huracanista

Nov 28, 2009
Raleigh
Just want to point out that there's a lot of people saying she was hired just based on her looks. There's also a lot of people saying "I'm glad she was hired, she looks cute."

Just stop it, all of you. Jesus Christ. It's two sides of the same screwed up coin.

That being said, criticizing her for her performance and making fun of her is fine. We do the same with John and Tripp all the time, and it's all in good fun.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I just don't understand why people think there is some kind of holy sanctity to a job that was only created to lighten the load of resident bonehead Tripp Tracy. Literally, the job would not exist if Tripp wasn't "overburdened" by having to leave the both 30 seconds before the end of the second period to get down to the player tunnel to interview somebody that didn't want to talk to him. This isn't our PbP guy or even our color guy.... it's an intermission reporter. People getting up in arms about what she does or doesn't say is just incomprehensible to me.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
I've learned over the years an intermission fits a DVR'd episode of Jeopardy perfectly if you skip the interviews with the contestants.
Almost. Jeopardy is 21 minutes without commercials... so take out the interviews, and you're at maybe 19 minutes. NHL intermissions last 17 minutes.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
If I'm reading correctly from the "real hockey market" handbook, it says we would still have to get rid of the cheerleading ice hussies to qualify.

You're not reading correctly as you haven't reached Addendum A or B:

"A real hockey market must be located in Canada or a US State north of the Mason-Dixon Line. NB: Despite this, a real hockey market cannot be located in the state of Ohio."

Caniac1234

Jun 21, 2012
Raleigh,NC
She was pretty bad the first few broadcast,but done way better the last few.Why is anyone paying attention to her anyway?Watch the game!

LadyCane

Mar 4, 2012
da UP
Just want to point out that there's a lot of people saying she was hired just based on her looks. There's also a lot of people saying "I'm glad she was hired, she looks cute."

Just stop it, all of you. Jesus Christ. It's two sides of the same screwed up coin.

That being said, criticizing her for her performance and making fun of her is fine. We do the same with John and Tripp all the time, and it's all in good fun.

Yep.

I've seen a lot of hate on her, calling her nothing more than a piece of eye candy--I saw someone outright say she got the job on her knees. :shakehead Misogynistic much? Her credentials aren't bad. Was she NHL-ready...well...debatable. But she's learning, and she's trying, and frankly, Tripp Tracy has also had some pretty epic gaffes--we have multiple threads dedicated to them. But somehow that's okay. I feel like a LOT of the hate is purely because she's a young, pretty woman and on some level, conscious or not, a LOT of people want hockey and sports in general to still be a dude thing.

I hope she continues to improve. I hope she proves the haters wrong.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
I have GCL and sometimes get intermission reports.. most of the NHL teams have a woman as the sideline reporter.. (Some teams have that and a studio.. canes ain't big enough for that I guess)

I think there is some merit to the women getting hired based in small part on her looks and the fact that they're women. I haven't seen one really unattractive woman with that job..That said, I really don't think it's some casting call with the girl on the couch or some sexist ******** like that.

If you have the creds and you look decent on camera, you'd probably get the job.

dammit100

Nov 5, 2009
Raleigh, NC
and she's getting a fancy new desk:
BDkOdvwCAAErp4z.jpg

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Damn I've gone and ruined it.

It's all good. I'd have said the same thing. I also say "jersey" instead of "sweater", "locker room" instead of "dressing room" and "half time" instead of "intermission"

The last one I seem to do a lot, as my favorite time to go get beer and a pizza//hot dog is during the 2nd half time.

Steve Kouleas would kill me if we ever met I suspect :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad