How do you rate our prospects ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
How do you rate our prospects..vs previous prospects..?

Strome Keller, Dvorak ,Mueller ( before the concussion ) Kolanos ( before the concussion ) Turris, Boedker, etc.....

It's too early to compare Strome or Keller since they have had such limited NHL game experience. Personally, I'd guess Strome is about half a season away from a roster spot and Keller is roughly a season away, but this is solely based on limited observations (Strome in games and Keller seeming undersized at this point)

Dvorak seems on-track and it will be nice to see him have regular ice-time for the whole season. Of course, with this, I worry he might get injured which could set him back a bit, but at least Stepan should lead ice-time among centers so it might turn out okay.

I'd add Fischer to the mix as well. He also only had limited NHL experience, but I felt he stood out much more than Strome or Keller this past season.

In terms of comparisons:
  • I see Dvorak being similar to Kolanos (hopefully avoiding a concussion).
  • I can't remember Mueller's development, since I only followed the NHL games back then and can't honestly recall how he played.
  • I'm thinking Fischer might come closer to Turris's trajectory, but hopefully with a better attitude and more patience.
  • I'm trying to block out Boedker, despite his "good" seasons and would prefer not to compare him to anyone in our current stable of prospects.
  • Keller, while I'm not sure how he'll do (his size truly concerns me, unless he gets Crosbyesque protection from others--including referees), could possibly be similar to Briere.

As mentioned, it's too early to properly evaluate most of the above prospects, but I figured I'd add my 5 cents' worth.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Keller when I see him play I keep thinking Daniel Briere :yo:

It seems like a distinct possibility. I believe Briere started out as a Center and then shifted to the RW; perhaps Keller will do the reverse (start as a RW and end up at Center--eventually)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad