How devastating is it losing a game 7 for the Stanley Cup?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The 2006 run for the Oilers was very painful. We also had a comeback coming from down 3-1 to force game 7.

If we lose tomorrow it will be painful as hell. The good feels about the comeback and all that can trick you into thinking that if we lose we still did good. That is not the case.

It is a big deal because we do have this amazing player in McDavid and have blown this rebuild so far, especially for the ELC and early years of his new deal. And we've had Drasaitl for cheap. If we lose it continues the bad narrative. The only acceptable outcome is the cup.

To win it you need some luck. This might be our one chance

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Detroit fans were mad as f*** for a decade fwiw.
giphy.webp

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
It f***ing sucks. I had to take a drive so I could call my dad and rant to him about the game. Made me feel a little better.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Depends on how you get to game 7.
It will suck short term equally but if it's FLA it will sting more and for longer considering they were up in the series.

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Would be absolute brutality for Florida, especially since they can't really run it back

For Edmonton it would be brutal but they would be motivated to improve and make it back , I don't think they even expected to make it this far

Reactions: T REX

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Would be absolute brutality for Florida, especially since they can't really run it back

For Edmonton it would be brutal but they would be motivated to improve and make it back , I don't think they even expected to make it this far
Florida could run it back for the most part, and whatever they lose in the offseason they could get back, and imo could very easily come back better than before and have a very long window to win. For the Oilers we could run it back, but maybe only for one year. Our window could be a lot shorter than Florida's if Draisaitl doesn't stick around, followed by McDavid of course.

But really I don't think there is any logic to it. It will be brutal no matter who loses, and whoever wins will immediately have all the narratives go their way with all screwups erased. If the Oilers lose, this current high they are on in the media will be snuffed out right quick

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

millax

Dec 24, 2005
The Oilers lost game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals 18 years ago and we didn't make it back to the finals until this year. Losing sucks. It's incredibly hard to make it to the finals and when you lose you never know how long it will be before you get back.

As a fan it's either pure jubilation or absolute heart break. There is no silver lining.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Losing in seven is the worst because you end up scrutinizing every little play in every game you lost coping about how if you got one bounce here or there it'd have ended differently. It's easy easier to lose in five and just go "welp, got our asses kicked"

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I went and saw a movie after the Oilers lost game 7 to the Hurricanes in 06. It was all my friend and I could do to keep our minds off the devastation.

It was the remake of The Omen. There was 5 other people in the theatre and a fight almost broke out between the other attendees.

I'm realizing right this moment I am coincidentally watching The First Omen which came out a month or so ago. It's the first movie in the Omen franchise since 2006. I can't tell if this is a good omen or a bad one for tomorrow lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad