Trade: [HOU/TOR] Yusei Kikuchi to Astros for RHP Jake Bloss, 1B/OF Joey Loperfido and IF Will Wagner

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Bloss was ranked as high as the Astros #2 prospect per Baseball America.

Seems like a gross overpay given Kikuchi hasn't been good since the end of may.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Bloss was an overpay on his own. But Bloss +?

Did the brutal heat in Texas finally fry the Astros brains?

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Houston, we have a... deal!

Seems like a solid return for a rental like Kikuchi...

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Blew Jays better be taking on Montero
Sadly , the organization is fixated on ol Rafael. They love him for some godforsaken reason. Loved him enough to make him one of the highest paid relievers in the game.

Good job on booting Click out , Mr Crane. His replacement that you hired is a smooth brain kinda guy. Awesome f***ing deal you hack. My god I haven't been this upset about a trade since forever.

Last edited:

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
What in the f***?! Bloss and Loperfido ? Good grief.For a rental? For Kikuchi ? Wtf are you smoking Dana?
Apparently the Astros are super stoked about their 2024 draft…as they seem to think they can easily replace 2 of their 3 top prospects.

Meanwhile the Jays are starting to look more and more like a moneyball team that develops players for other major league teams. I fear for Bloss as just about every Jays pitching prospect in recent memory blows their arm before establishing themselves in the majors. Let’s hope he focuses on developing a changeup instead of trying to reach 99 on the radar gun.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
This is what I think of the trade. I'm Japanese and want Japanese players on Houston so I can cheer for them but I'm hating this trade lol. I'm praying the pitching coaches can work their magic and fix him. Perhaps next Charlie Morton for them lol

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
This is what I think of the trade. I'm Japanese and want Japanese players on Houston so I can cheer for them but I'm hating this trade lol. I'm praying the pitching coaches can work their magic and fix him. Perhaps next Charlie Morton for them lol
As a Jays fans, I take some of his recent numbers with a grain of salt. For the first three months he was pretty good and deserved much better than the team gave him. I think we just feel it's a large haul even if he was putting up ace like numbers. I won't be shocked if he is dynamite down the stretch and really cashes in, in free agency.

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
As a Jays fans, I take some of his recent numbers with a grain of salt. For the first three months he was pretty good and deserved much better than the team gave him. I think we just feel it's a large haul even if he was putting up ace like numbers. I won't be shocked if he is dynamite down the stretch and really cashes in, in free agency.
At a bar in Seattle in 2022 Charlie Montoyo was pretty candid on what he thought of Kikuchi to a friend and I. He was relieved of his duties within like a week of that night though so he was in fuggit mode I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
At a bar in Seattle in 2022 Charlie Montoyo was pretty candid on what he thought of Kikuchi to a friend and I. He was relieved of his duties within like a week of that night though so he was in fuggit mode I guess.
I attended my first Jays game at exhibition stadium back in the summer of 85. We have gone through a fair number of managers, like many teams have I suppose. Charlie Montoya is hands down for me the worst Manager we ever had. There would be no way I could take a word he says seriously.. hope he bought you a drink though.

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I attended my first Jays game at exhibition stadium back in the summer of 85. We have gone through a fair number of managers, like many teams have I suppose. Charlie Montoya is hands down for me the worst Manager we ever had. There would be no way I could take a word he says seriously.. hope he bought you a drink though.
Cheers Rob Longley on that account. Yeah man, Charlie sucks. The Kikuchi thing was my friend defending him a little by saying his previous outing wasn't so bad and Montoyo nearly spat out his beer and roared "a whole four innings!". 😆

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Cheers Rob Longley on that account. Yeah man, Charlie sucks. The Kikuchi thing was my friend defending him a little by saying his previous outing wasn't so bad and Montoyo nearly spat out his beer and roared "a whole four innings!". 😆
Montoyo gave me real 'Jim Benning vibes'... like just seemed soft in the head and a very slow dimwitted human being.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad