Injury Report: Honzek Week to Week with Upper Body Injury

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Damn. Rough go for the kid who looked decent in his first NHL stint. I'd imagine once he is healthy that he'll get sent down for some seasoning in the AHL

This also means Coronato will probably get an extended stay with Sharagovich and now Honzek being week to week. Might also see a Pelletier call up for a 4th line role, but we'll see.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Shitty for Honzo, likely when he got rocked last game. Might've have been why he was so upset after the hit and smashed his stick on the bench, as it was clean.

Reactions: Boomstick

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I wish Huska would shake things up a little more. I would have moved Zary up, and put Coronato with Backlund and Coleman as I feel like it'd be a better fit.

I agree. I actually don't particularly like Zary with Backlund and Coleman. I feel like his poise and creativity with the puck is often wasted in the offensive zone with how those two approach the game. I actually wanted to see Honzek on that line.

Reactions: super6646

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Hopefully nothing too serious considering he's already missed so much development time due to injury. He didn't really stand out negatively or positively in his 4 games so far. Kadri is a bit of a weird center to play with and Kuzmenko stinks in his own zone.

Wonder what the plan is once he's healthy. Would also like to see him play on the Backlund line or maybe even a turn at 4C for a game or two.

Reactions: super6646

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I agree. I actually don't particularly like Zary with Backlund and Coleman. I feel like his poise and creativity with the puck is often wasted in the offensive zone with how those two approach the game. I actually wanted to see Honzek on that line.

Agreed. Zary has had some wonderful chances and plays on that line, but it’s being wasted given that Backs and Coleman play a more meat and potatoes game. Idk if coronato is really a better fit on that line, but I think Honzek definitely would’ve been.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I actually think Lomberg would be perfect on that line

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Remember when I said he probably wouldn’t withstand the hardships of 82 games playing professional hockey? Made it to game 4 before an injury.

He needs to go to junior and put on weight

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
God's country just outside of Calgary
Sorry to hear he's injured but if he wasn't he most likely would have been sent down to the Wranglers in the near future. He just wasn't cutting it with the Flames. Not sure what happened with the guy who scored 7 pts in preseason but he wasn't playing for the Flames these past 4 games.... although he was improving with each game played.
If the Flames call somebody up I think it might be Hunt.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Sorry to hear he's injured but if he wasn't he most likely would have been sent down to the Wranglers in the near future. He just wasn't cutting it with the Flames. Not sure what happened with the guy who scored 7 pts in preseason but he wasn't playing for the Flames these past 4 games.... although he was improving with each game played.
If the Flames call somebody up I think it might be Hunt.
most of his preseasn points came in the first few games where it was mostly AHLers and vets aren't going all out in any preseason games. That's why the preseason means squat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad