Post-Game Talk: Holzer for Norris. Leafs lose 3-1 to PIT.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thatshype

Jul 3, 2010
Ok, I'm actually a fan of Dion Phaneuf, but I think people need to stop blaming Carlyle for the revolving door of Phaneuf's partners and start looking at Phaneuf himself. If you take a look at who Phaneuf has been paired with, the list goes something like: Gunnarsson (when he was new), Aulie, Gardiner, Holzer, Kostka, Fraser......what do all these guys have in common? They are all highly inexperienced. You can accuse me of reading too much into it, but I honestly think that Dion plays with inexperienced guys because they will bend and play the game however Dion wants them to. With veteran players (Liles, Franson, even Schenn when he was here), they had their own ideas about how they can contribute to the play...and Dion can't play somebody else's game. He needs to be the one in control, and therefore he probably prefers to play with AHL callups who will do whatever he says.

It's not Holzer's fault that he's on the top pairing, and it's probably not even Carlyle's fault. I think it's more the fact that nobody else can share ice-time with Dion.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
For as big a man as Holzer is, he SHOULD NEVER get beat on the boards by a guy like Kunitz. Just horrible.

And on the second goal, what's the point in screening Scrivens? He might as well flamingo'd for the good he did on that second Dupuis goal.

RC made a good move by putting Liles in there (who looked very good), but screwed up by not bringing up Gardiner and sending Holzer down (who doesn't have to clear).

The lug nuts on this 18-wheeler are getting looser by the day.

Wake up RC!!!

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
For as big a man as Holzer is, he SHOULD NEVER get beat on the boards by a guy like Kunitz. Just horrible.

And on the second goal, what's the point in screening Scrivens? He might as well flamingo'd for the good he did on that second Dupuis goal.

RC made a good move by putting Liles in there (who looked very good), but screwed up by not bringing up Gardiner and sending Holzer down (who doesn't have to clear).

The lug nuts on this 18-wheeler are getting looser by the day.

Wake up RC!!!

Watch the replay of the winner last night. It is on NHL.com.

Holzer picks up a man driving the net as Bozak and Kessel try and contain the man with the puck. Kessel does a skate-about, and then Holzer has to turn because his man skate past the net, and try and get to a man in the high slot that van Riemsdyk was coasting back to cover.

If Holzer doesn't try and block the shot maybe Scrivens saves it maybe not. If Holzer flamingos Cherry makes a big deal of the flamingo playing Euro.

I could turn this into a Cherry rant, ... if the 2 American pretty boys had done their job there isn't an uncovered man high slot getting the free shot.

leafspring*

Pens fan coming in peace,

Felt extremely bad for you guys.. You were the better team and definitely didn´t deserve that outcome. For some reason, we are having trouble against the Leafs everytime.. You limited our chances like no other team so far this season, that was one of the best defensive efforts I´ve seen against us all year. Easily could´ve been 2-0 or 3-0 at some point and the game would be almost over.

We were just lucky we had Fleury and that 1st line magic. Again.

I wanted at least a point for you, I´m not extremely happy that the Pens actually helped their Atlantic rivals in PO rallies. Hopefully, you guys will keep the play like this and points will come. I just want you in the playoffs rather than our rivals, so good luck the rest of the year!

That was a good tilt that went your guys way at the right time to bury the teams confidence.It was a awsome defensive tilt though. Holzer deserved better too,he was pretty solid all night. He has to tone his game down some,trying to do to much.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
For a while, I actually thought we were gonna make the playoffs.

I blame Carlyle for this. He needs to open his damn eyes! Play Liles more, put Holzer on a lower pairing, and call Gardiner back up! That could actually improve our defence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad