Hollywood Hamels' GM Mock Game {3 Teams Are Open}

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
Blues Acquire Lecavalier
lecavalier.jpg

The Blues likely overpayed for this big superstar with a lot of youth, but they nabbed one of the top five players in the game today.

The Blues have sent Their first and second round picks in 2009. Their 2nd round pick in 2010, Alex Pietrangelo, David Perron, Lars Eller, Brett Sonne, and Paul Kariya in exchange for Vincent Lecavalier.

"We payed the price for this superstar. But we feel we kept the core that we really want and added a top five player in the league. With keeping Oshie, Berglund, Johnson, and Cole in the system, and adding Vinny, we feel our team has only gotten stronger.

With the Blues lineup bolstered down the center, the Blues have placed centermen Andy McDonald on the trading block.

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
Major Deal Between Tampa Bay and St.Louis​
TEAM | PLAYER/PICK || TEAM | PLAYER/PICK
:bolts|'09 1st Round Pick, '09 2nd Round Pick, '10 2nd Round Pickin,Alex Pietrangelo, Dave Perron, Lars Eller, Brett Sonne, and Paul Kariya||:blues|Vincent Lecavalier

The Blues have kept their core of Berglund, Oshie, and Johnson. The Blues move a ton of prospects, but, how many are sure fire players in this deal? Two? Sonne has blown things up in the WHL. But scoring there doesn't mean scoring here. Eller has the potential to be a second line forward. Pietrangleo is looking like he could play a solid two way game. But he's the odd man out with Polak, Johnson, Junland, and Cole. I feel all of those players could be and are ahead of Pietrangelo now and for the future. Pietrangelo is lacking the phsyicality to play in this league. Kariya is a salary dump. Nothing more. Perron was a must to move Vinny and the picks are never sure things. The Blues got what they wanted, a superstar. And you MUST overpay for a superstar, but I feel half of the players I dealt will not develop.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
The Blues have kept their core of Berglund, Oshie, and Johnson. The Blues move a ton of prospects, but, how many are sure fire players in this deal? Two? Sonne has blown things up in the WHL. But scoring there doesn't mean scoring here. Eller has the potential to be a second line forward. Pietrangleo is looking like he could play a solid two way game. But he's the odd man out with Polak, Johnson, Junland, and Cole. I feel all of those players could be and are ahead of Pietrangelo now and for the future. Pietrangelo is lacking the phsyicality to play in this league. Kariya is a salary dump. Nothing more. Perron was a must to move Vinny and the picks are never sure things. The Blues got what they wanted, a superstar. And you MUST overpay for a superstar, but I feel half of the players I dealt will not develop.

Exactly. Vinny Lecavalier is Vinny Lecavalier. A proven top 5 superstar who will get 80 or 90 points a year. Picks and prospects are only picks and prospects; unproven talent. Both teams are happy with the deal and that's what matters.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
Exactly. Vinny Lecavalier is Vinny Lecavalier. A proven top 5 superstar who will get 80 or 90 points a year. Picks and prospects are only picks and prospects; unproven talent. Both teams are happy with the deal and that's what matters.

agreed. it's definitely overpayment but i think the trade should be allowed, both GM's have agreed on it and seem to be happy with it.

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
Still looking to deal, lots of offers coming for Tom Gilbert, Dustin Penner is still being shopped too as is Erik Cole. Prospects not named Eberle are available and all picks.

You need to clear PMs dude.

Spezza still on the block.

leaky37

Sep 1, 2008
Like someone said! Agreed if the two GM's are happy with it then the trade should stand!

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
dallas_stars_logo.jpg

We are still looking for:

A top 2 D
Top 6 Forward

Trading Block:

Brad Richards
Steve Ott
Mike Modano
Brenden Morrow
Darryl Sydor
Marty Turco

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

:amazed: Take off Perrron, Eller and a 1st and it's still even lol..

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Trade Update

TRADES
:kings|Martin Havlat,Kyle Beach,Shawn Lalonde||:hawks|Alexander Frolov
:hawks|Dany Heatley,'09 2nd Round Pick,'09 4th Round Pick||:sens|Duncan Keith,Kris Versteeg,Jack Skille,Nikolai Khabibulin,'09 1st Round Pick
:flames|Olli Jokinen||:coyotes|Matthew Lombardi,Keith Aulie,'09 1st Round Pick
:stars|Robert Nilsson, 2nd round pick 2009, Cody Wild||Oilers|Jere Lehtinen, Niclas Grossman, Raymond Sawada
:bolts|'09 1st Round Pick, '09 2nd Round Pick, '10 2nd Round Pickin,Alex Pietrangelo, Dave Perron, Lars Eller, Brett Sonne, and Paul Kariya||:blues|Vincent Lecavalier
:habs|Mike Smith, '09 Second Round Pick,Matt Smaby||:bolts|Jaroslav Halak
:habs|Bryan Allen||:panthers|Alexei Kovalev

REMEMBER YOU CAN VOTE TO VETO TRADES IF YOU FEEL THEY ARE UNFAIR OR UNREALISTIC

Jarmac

Aug 24, 2006
I bet they are. Huge salaries locked up long term with ntc's

Please, please. The official New York Rangers endorsed terminology is "robust deal" that "extends for a healthy time period." And only Drury has a real NTC.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
TRADES
:kings|Martin Havlat,Kyle Beach,Shawn Lalonde||:hawks|Alexander Frolov
:hawks|Dany Heatley,'09 2nd Round Pick,'09 4th Round Pick||:sens|Duncan Keith,Kris Versteeg,Jack Skille,Nikolai Khabibulin,'09 1st Round Pick
:flames|Olli Jokinen||:coyotes|Matthew Lombardi,Keith Aulie,'09 1st Round Pick
:stars|Robert Nilsson, 2nd round pick 2009, Cody Wild||Oilers|Jere Lehtinen, Niclas Grossman, Raymond Sawada
:habs|Mike Smith, '09 Second Round Pick,Matt Smaby||:bolts|Jaroslav Halak
:habs|Bryan Allen||:panthers|Alexei Kovalev

REMEMBER YOU CAN VOTE TO VETO TRADES IF YOU FEEL THEY ARE UNFAIR OR UNREALISTIC

I veto the Halak, Smith deal! I'd take Smith over Halak already and Tampa is the one adding on?

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
We're happy with both our trades.

Getting Mike Smith along with Matt Smaby and a 2nd rounder for Halak is a good deal for us. Bouillon is a UFA to come and Smaby will be a good player to get and add size for us. Getting a 2nd rounder after losing ours in the Schneider trade was soemthing we wanted aswell. We really like Mike Smith, both these goalies have a great future ahead of them. We wish the best to Jaroslav in TB.

Kovalev was'nt in our plans anymore as a UFA to be. Bryan Allen is a great defenceman sign long term who brings great defence awareness and physsical game. With the potential loss of Mike Komisarek, we are more than happy to get him. we wish the best to Kovalev and the Panthers in their playoff run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad