GDT: Hockey Day in America (NBC)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
What exactly did Rask hit? The hand, if that? That causes a player to fall down to the ice? It looks like Rask's stick barely grazed Versteeg.

No doubt Rask is being an idiot, but Versteeg is a bit of a *****.

Either way you have a full reckless baseball swing out of anger hitting a player which should be called a slash regardless. Versteeg sold it, fine, you still have to call the penalty regardless as the optics of a full swing that does make contact dictate a penalty by the rulebook.

2ka RasK*

Stupidity is killing you guys.

Marchand is dumb. The Rask illegal play of the puck was bad luck. Rask not waiting until Versteeg is clear is dumb.

no way we are at the bottom of power play opportunities if we get these stupid calls as well.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Puck played in the trapezoid...BUT THE REFS! Quit whining B's fans. It's been a rule for a long while now. And Tukka needs to control himself. He's breaking his stick over calling an obvious penalty against him. It's a penalty that has zero interpretation to it. Either you played the puck in the area or not. He did.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Either way you have a full reckless baseball swing out of anger hitting a player which should be called a slash regardless. Versteeg sold it, fine, you still have to call the penalty regardless as the optics of a full swing that does make contact dictate a penalty by the rulebook.

As I said, Rask is an idiot. That doesn't excuse Versteeg acting like someone just chopped his leg off with a longsword.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It looks like the toe of his stick hit Versteeg in the ribs to me. Now, I know some guys around here think that it wouldn't hurt but I'll go ahead and throw my name into the "it probably hurt and stunned him" crowd.

Side note: Versteeg didn't even see him swing his stick so if it didn't touch him how would he have even known besides the sound of it hitting the post? He grabbed his side and went down instantaneously with no delay.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Puck played in the trapezoid...BUT THE REFS! Quit whining B's fans. It's been a rule for a long while now. And Tukka needs to control himself. He's breaking his stick over calling an obvious penalty against him. It's a penalty that has zero interpretation to it. Either you played the puck in the area or not. He did.

Doubt a single person was arguing that call....

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
What exactly did Rask hit? The hand, if that? That causes a player to fall down to the ice? It looks like Rask's stick barely grazed Versteeg.

No doubt Rask is being an idiot, but Versteeg is a bit of a *****.
Get hit from a baseball swing by a goalie stick and see if you are still standing. I also think Versteeg did not expect to get hit by a stick. It's a deserved penalty.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Hope the Bruins trainers have some milkcrates for Rask to throw around during the intermission and get his anger out of his system.

CharasInCharge

Dealer Donny
Nov 17, 2011
Revere, MA
The DOG call was totally legit, just a dumb rule, and I'd day that regardless of who got it.

The slash by Rask was dumb and unnecessary but Versteeg is getting away with the dive of the century. If that was Marchand everyone would be giving him **** for it.

The penalty on Marchand was a pure reputation call. I don't care what his rep is, its not a penalty if 99% of the other players in this league do it.

icekoob

4th Liner
May 16, 2010
VALPO/chicago
Yes it is. They turn the switch on and off too often. It's usually off. That's why we need a big trade.

I can relate and though the style may be different these teams remind me of each other.

Hawks can turn it on in big games and then let Arizona and Mike Smith beat them out of 2 points they need.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I can relate and though the style may be different these teams remind me of each other.

Hawks can turn it on in big games and then let Arizona and Mike Smith beat them out of 2 points they need.

I guess it's a trait of the top teams, if Boston can still be considered thay (I don't think so this year).

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
*shrugs*, i figured Rask got the slashing because he did his smash a bit too close/or did in fact make contact to Versteeg. the refs gave him the benefit of the doubt for not majorly injuring Versteeg by not giving him more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad