Value of: Ho-sang

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
It’s a private business. They can take you or leave you. And they don’t need to disclose their motivations.
this is true.
The “morality clause” (contained in paragraph 2(e) of the SPC), states that a player agrees:

to conduct himself on and off the rink according to the highest standards of honesty, morality, fair play and sportsmanship and refrain from conduct detrimental to the best interest of the Club, the League, or professional hockey generally.​

this is true for every NHL player and is part of the standard player contract (which Ho Sang signed of his own free will)

the fact that Hosang has repeatedly violated his teams policies definitely plays into how severely they decide to reprimand him, a single isolated incident like Shane Prince's bears no resemblance whatsover to Ho Sangs multiple incidences of team detrimental behavior​

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
It's not the same acts and you damned well know it. One is a consistent multiple pattern of abuse, and the other is a one off. Repeat offenders generally are treated differently than those who continually demonstrate a lack of respect for authority in society, in almost every situation.
What I damn well know is JHS played a whopping 20+ games for the nyi this season. A season the isles will have given up the most goals of any team in the league.
Accountibility? What is that Snow's joke of the day?

How many games have the overpaid,underperforming vets been given a pass on, with Deadweight telling the press that they did some good things,played hard:sarcasm:

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
agreed, I wonder what kind of parents this kid had. i know it was an inter-racial marriage so maybe Ho Sang dealt with issues in school or wherever, but its no reason to question authority if you want to succeed in any profession ad he has done this time and again. and its always someone else fault

the difference between he and barzal is that barzal is extremely confident in himself and says so, but he never makes excuses, his attitude is Ill just work harder and show you I belong here

Horrible post.

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
No player other than Lemieux has worn #66 in the NHL since 1992. What does it say about the kid when every other player in the last 26 years has taken a number other than #66 , yet he feels he’s worthy to wear it?

Is the # retired by nhl? How many players wear orr's # now? Until nhl retires # 66 there is no issues

Reactions: And You Feel Shame

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Mike Riberio was an abusive drug addict.

That’s a lofty comp.
I never mentioned anything about that.
They were both super-skilled with a lot of warts and a really shitty attitude.
It's not a stretch at all.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
What would it realistically take to trade for Ho-Sang anyway, assuming NYI were thinking of dealing him? It's hard to gauge his value.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Is the # retired by nhl? How many players wear orr's # now? Until nhl retires # 66 there is no issues

I'm a pens fan and i have no problem at all with his number...I see it as respect towards Mario.

The league is the one dissing him by not retiring it league wide.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
You’re missing the point. No. It’s not retired. But no other player (for a period exceeding 3 games) has worn it since 1992 for a reason. We’re not talking about a number that several star players have worn through the history of the NHL (4) . We’re talking about a number that is singularity associated with 1 player. Just as 99 is associated with 1 player.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
You’re missing the point. No. It’s not retired. But no other player (for a period exceeding 3 games) has worn it since 1992 for a reason. We’re not talking about a number that several star players have worn through the history of the NHL (4) . We’re talking about a number that is singularity associated with 1 player. Just as 99 is associated with 1 player.
it's still not disrespectful, because a number on your back really doesn't matter at all.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
What would it realistically take to trade for Ho-Sang anyway, assuming NYI were thinking of dealing him? It's hard to gauge his value.

Right? It's tough. He's got incredible skills and is built for the speed game the NHL currently has going for itself. He's an excellent playmaker. That's first round pick material. That being said, he's had a couple of seasons and while producing at the NHL level still needs work.

There's no good way for this to work out for the Islanders unless he's playing for them in the NHL. The odds of getting a top 6 forward in the mid 40's (someone would give up a 2nd for Ho-Sang) isn't a great %, especially for our franchise.

He'd have to be the 2nd part of a trade piece that would land us a top 6 forward or top 4 d, I guess (if that's possible).

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I'm a pens fan and i have no problem at all with his number...I see it as respect towards Mario.

The league is the one dissing him by not retiring it league wide.

Not to take this off topic. But unfortunately due to his health issues Mario never really achieved the longevity along with the final results to warrant that. He’s only top ten in scoring due to only playing under 1,000 games.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not suggesting he wasn’t a great player. In fact I think he is easily one of the few players who can lay claim to greatest player of all time.

I have Lemieux, Gretzky, Orr maybe Howe in the GOAT tier. Then there is everybody else.

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
I see how quick triggered you guys are on here to defend yourself on HF yet get upset when someone of his talent feels the need to speak up or stand up for himself against inept execs publicly. Being confident in your abilities and not taking shit from others no matter what level shouldn't be an issue. Again he's missed one practice due to oversleeping and wasn't invited to camp because of it and learned from it. That's literally the only destructive thing he's done to his career. Speaking out against some bs that doesn't affect your ability nor your training is just being real and answering the question. How many times has his own head coach and GM attacked him in the media? He was even chirped on draft day by the team that drafted him. Let's not act like Junior hockey culture isn't garbage too so anybody from that level that had something bad to say about him is irrlevant. From Subban being called mondays, to Akim Aliu getting bullied and attacked in the Team Canada camp, the cocaine culture, etc those coaches should probably check to see if their players are even acting like decent human beings off the ice rather than get upset that Ho-Sang believes he's an elite prospect (he is) and is willing to let you know about it. All Ho-Sang does that's so cynic and evil is disagree when coaches or media try to attack his game when he's continuously the best player on every team he plays for. Every other player from every other sport understands this and would do the same but it's an issue because it's hockey.

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
No the point is people being to sensitive about stuff. 1 player has earned their # being retired. Not sure if other players didnt wear 66 because they dont want that # or out of respect BUT its avilable plain and simple.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
Marcus Foligno is a high character player that the Isles would absolutely love. Reluctantly, I would trade him for your talented, but "troubled" winger. We can even throw in a third :naughty:

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
Not to take this off topic. But unfortunately due to his health issues Mario never really achieved the longevity along with the final results to warrant that. He’s only top ten in scoring due to only playing under 1,000 games.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not suggesting he wasn’t a great player. In fact I think he is easily one of the few players who can lay claim to greatest player of all time.

I have Lemieux, Gretzky, Orr maybe Howe in the GOAT tier. Then there is everybody else.
If bossy stayed health same could be said for him. 570 goals in only 10 seasons. Only 10

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
No player other than Lemieux has worn #66 in the NHL since 1992. What does it say about the kid when every other player in the last 26 years has taken a number other than #66 , yet he feels he’s worthy to wear it?

Means he likes the number 66 and/or looked up to Mario. If the league felt this way they'd have retired 66 like they did 99.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad