Value of: Ho-Sang for Your Team’s Center Prospect

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
H0-Sang's to much of an enigma, the only way I trade for him is if the Isles add in something to the deal.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
I don't think it makes sense for the Islanders to deal him.

He's too much of a wildcard to really bring in a decent return (IMO) and if he pans out you don't wanna get poor value.
He’s picked up to a PPG pace in the A now so I was expecting people to offer a bit more than a 5throunder and a guy who went thru waivers that we already traded. Lol

I guess we have to call him up in order to get any sort of value for him. There’s no question IMO that he’ll produce in the NHL.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
He’s picked up to a PPG pace in the A now so I was expecting people to offer a bit more than a 5throunder and a guy who went thru waivers that we already traded. Lol

I guess we have to call him up in order to get any sort of value for him. There’s no question IMO that he’ll produce in the NHL.

So why not call him up? He could easily fit in the top 9 instead of Beauvilier or Kuhnhackl, along with 2nd PP duties.

Reactions: 67Blues

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
So why not call him up? He could easily fit in the top 9 instead of Beauvilier or Kuhnhackl, along with 2nd PP duties.
He does not belong in our bottom 6. So unless something opens up in the top six he will not be up with the team. Both his play away from the puck and his situational awareness still need to improve. Kuhnackle is playing a good two way game when in the line-up and Beauvillier despite the recent funk is a vastly superior player. There is just no room for JHS unless there is an injury to Bailey or Eberle this season.

Reactions: BarzyClub

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
He’s a Rw and he’s not viewed as bottom 6 material by the coaching staff. Until Eberle gets traded he and Bailey are the top 2 rw.

Tbh he needs to sit tight until the trade deadline or sooner. Right now it’s a lesson in patience for JHS. If he passes Lou’s test he’ll be up in the not too distant future.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don’t think the Oilers have a fit if you’re looking for a C prospect, much as I’d like to add Ho-Sang. We just dealt for Marody, just signed Hebig, and I don’t want to give up McLeod. No one else is remotely worth it from an Islander POV.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Talent he has, but he is a real deal head case isn't he ? Or is it on the coaches ?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Will trade you Cameron Hebig for Ho Sang. Hebig is over a PPG in his first season in the AHL, all signs point to him being a real candidate to make some noise in the NHL soon.

What ya think Isles fans.

Reactions: STLBLUES44

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Will trade you Cameron Hebig for Ho Sang. Hebig is over a PPG in his first season in the AHL, all signs point to him being a real candidate to make some noise in the NHL soon.

What ya think Isles fans.

Eh, we just signed the kid this summer and he’s been found money at this point. I’m not sure dealing him immediately is the best move optics wise.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think value wise Gambrell would be the one from the Sharks. I just don’t think the Sharks would give him up for someone with supposed character issues. Also I don’t think the Sharks have room for him.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Eh, we just signed the kid this summer and he’s been found money at this point. I’m not sure dealing him immediately is the best move optics wise.

Meh on optics. Make the trade if you think Ho Sang is going to work out better than him. I think he will.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Meh on optics. Make the trade if you think Ho Sang is going to work out better than him. I think he will.

I don’t know. To be honest I wouldn’t mess with much in Bakersfield at the moment, he and Benson have been lights out and they just got Yamamoto and Puljujarvi. Let’s stick with what we’ve got for the moment.

The Oilers have thrown away better players than Ho-Sang for being poor locker room fits.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Adam Gaudette - 2018 Hobey Baker award winner.
6'1, 190lb
Game styles similar to a Ryan Kesler.

Wasnt really given a fair chance with the Canucks this year and they had a lot of young players in the lineup. but 4 points in 4 AHL games. I think that after another year in the AHL he'll be a legit full-time NHL producing player next year. Probably tops out as a 2C who's great in his own zone.

Reactions: dood and BarzyClub

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Isles need C depth . Your teams C prospect for Josh Ho-Sang. Go!

how is Ho Sang worth a teams top C prospect?

It is not like we are talking about a 19 year prospect--we are talking about a 22 year old prospect.

there are flags on the guy and like other 22 year old AHLers--his value may not be as high as some think it would be

Reactions: BabyPanda

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I don’t think the Oilers have a fit if you’re looking for a C prospect, much as I’d like to add Ho-Sang. We just dealt for Marody, just signed Hebig, and I don’t want to give up McLeod. No one else is remotely worth it from an Islander POV.

How about Joe Gambardella?

He's been playing wing, but he can play center. 8 points in 11 games. Local kid from down the road too. :thumbu:

Reactions: noice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad