Prospect Info: HFWild Prospect Ranking #15

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is Minnesota’s #15 prospect?

• Ryan O’Rourke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aaron Pionk

• Jimmy Clarke

• Graeme Clarke

• Sebastian Soini

• Kalem Parker

• Kyle Masters

• Chase Wutzke

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Going with Milne, now. I think he'll be in the NHL as soon as this year, and no later than next, from what those who watch him have said. I picked him because, in spite of limited upside, I think the gap between upside and current ability for the rest of the prospects is large enough that I'll take the sure-ish thing instead.

Others I gave real consideration to:
- Lambos and Stramel: They're further away from reaching their upside, and I think their upside is the same as Milne's (bottom-6. bottom-pairing) until they prove otherwise.
- Spacek: upside is only slightly higher (2nd pairing), but his play wasn't close to meeting his potential last year, so I need to see him do what he does in international play for the Iowa Wild.
- Pionk: His freshman year was impressive, but at the age Buium would be in his junior year.
- Clarke: But I don't know enough about him.
- Kiviharju: the upside is there, but he's far from reaching it. He needs to get a healthy season in. He might be my next option, or maybe the one after if I go with Spacek instead.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Going with Milne, now. I think he'll be in the NHL as soon as this year, and no later than next, from what those who watch him have said. I picked him because, in spite of limited upside, I think the gap between upside and current ability for the rest of the prospects is large enough that I'll take the sure-ish thing instead.

Others I gave real consideration to:
- Lambos and Stramel: They're further away from reaching their upside, and I think their upside is the same as Milne's (bottom-6. bottom-pairing) until they prove otherwise.
- Spacek: upside is only slightly higher (2nd pairing), but his play wasn't close to meeting his potential last year, so I need to see him do what he does in international play for the Iowa Wild.
- Pionk: His freshman year was impressive, but at the age Buium would be in his junior year.
- Clarke: But I don't know enough about him.
- Kiviharju: the upside is there, but he's far from reaching it. He needs to get a healthy season in. He might be my next option, or maybe the one after if I go with Spacek instead.
Lambos can skate, has decent size and strength, and has spells where he looks good with the puck. Just don't know if the judgement is there. Spacek...too soon to say, for me, but I'm not sure he will be able to play solid NHL defense. Lambos and Spacek definitely have more upside than Milne, but are far less sure to reach their ceiling than Milne is his. Barring injury or some falloff in his play, I can see Milne getting NHL time as soon as this upcoming year, if Guerin can stop picking up and overpaying strays. Milne has NHL speed, plays smart, and while not big, is stocky and appears to be strong on his skates and a factor in puck battles. Sort of a cross between Dewar and Duhaime.

I don't know what to say about Stramel. So far he is underwhelming as hell. Anyone looking at him play would think that he is a 4th round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad