Prospect Info: HFWild Prospect Ranking #12

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is Minnesota’s #12 prospect?

• Ryan O’Rourke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aaron Pionk

• Jimmy Clark

• Graeme Clarke

• Sebastian Soini

• Kalem Parker

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Last summer we all voted Lambos 8, and that was with Rossi and Faber in the poll. Now we're at 12 and seemingly nowhere close to putting him in there. He's got the tools. It was his first pro season. How far is he gonna fall?

Voting him again here because, of all the prospects left, I still think he has the highest ceiling if he can right the ship. I can't see anyone else here becoming more than a bottom of the lineup player apart from Kivibarju.

Reactions: Victorious Secret

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Last summer we all voted Lambos 8, and that was with Rossi and Faber in the poll. Now we're at 12 and seemingly nowhere close to putting him in there. He's got the tools. It was his first pro season. How far is he gonna fall?
The spot right after Stramel.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, we've added Buium, another LHD, and Hunt had a far better year in Iowa. Heidt had another excellent year, and some see potential in Ritchie, while Kumpulainen and Haight had solid years. Many, including myself, rate Peart over Lambos.

Lambos can change minds if he comes back with a smarter game that has adjusted to pro hockey. He was a bit of an "all tools, no toolbox" guy last year.

LHD jobs are going to be scarce going forward. Brodin, Middleton for the next 3-4 years, then;

Buium
Chisholm/Hunt
Peart
ROR/Lambos
Pionk

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Voting him again here because, of all the prospects left, I still think he has the highest ceiling if he can right the ship. I can't see anyone else here becoming more than a bottom of the lineup player apart from Kivibarju.
I'm still voting for my #8 guy and I don't have Lambos too far behind.

For the guys we have left, I probably go:
Healey
Kumpulainen
Lorenz
Lambos

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
In all seriousness though, I don’t see how someone could watch Iowa and put Lambos above Spacek.

Because I value upside more than where they're currently at in these rankings and I believe Lambos has more of it than Spacek.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
In all seriousness though, I don’t see how someone could watch Iowa and put Lambos above Spacek.
Maybe they watched the games where Spacek was in the ECHL?

Lambos really jumps out at times with his physical tools. Sometimes he looks really promising.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong

Not that far, I have him around next after Lorenz, only for the fact that Lorenz had a great season (in context for himself) while everyone else had a lukewarm or disappointing season.

I guess the only prospect that had a good season was Kumpulainen but I would give Lambos the benefit of the doubt over him.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not that far, I have him around next after Lorenz, only for the fact that Lorenz had a great season (in context for himself) while everyone else had a lukewarm or disappointing season.

I guess the only prospect that had a good season was Kumpulainen but I would give Lambos the benefit of the doubt over him.

Kinda along these lines, I'm not knocking Lambos too much because, while he struggled, he struggled in the AHL. Kumpulainen had a good season in the CHL. Lorenz had a decent season in the NCAA. Healey had a decent season in the NCAA. Not to disparage anyone picking those guys, Lambos just had a tougher jump to make than the rest of them last season, and there's value in that for me.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Because I value upside more than where they're currently at in these rankings and I believe Lambos has more of it than Spacek.
I don’t buy that Lambos has more upside than Spacek. What gives you that impression?

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Pretty sad when your first round pick of one year ago is about to be ~16th on your list of top prospects

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Pretty sad when your first round pick of one year ago is about to be ~16th on your list of top prospects
Just swap Heidt for Stramel in your mind and you will feel a lot better. It's not like 21st oa draft picks have a high rate of success, anyway.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Just swap Heidt for Stramel in your mind and you will feel a lot better. It's not like 21st oa draft picks have a high rate of success, anyway.

Players-drafted-per-position.png
Draft-pick-success-rate-per-position-ranges.png

62% for D, 71% for F.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I think its pretty awesome. Woah, we got 15 talented prospects better than our 1st round pick? And all 15 prospects actually have a decent chances of becoming NHL pros?
It's a deep pool, for sure, but it's as much an indictment on Stramel and Lambos as it is a credit to the depth. It can be both. I do appreciate your optimistic viewpoint on it, though. It's refreshing, and it also helps us remember the other side of the argument.

Reactions: TaLoN and Wild11MN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad