HF's Team Board Mock Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
Hey everybody. There's always variations of these every year on this site. The idea is to try to reach a consensus for who each team might pick would the fans of that team be in control.

This does not take into account any previous polls before it. Only the results of this poll will affect the numbers going forward.

Here's the results of the one I set up two seasons ago http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1697411

There's just over a month left until the draft, so there will be 24 hours for each pick. Obviously, we're only looking for the fans of each team to vote on their pick. This also assumes no trades will be made between picks.

Canuck fans, you have the fifth overall pick!

1. :leafs C Auston Matthews 98%

2. :jets RW Patrik Laine 98%

3. :cbj RW Jesse Puljujarvi 95%

4. :edmonton C/LW PierreLuc Dubois 47%

5. :nucks

6. :flames

7. :coyotes

8. :sabres

9. :habs

10. :avs

Last edited:

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I would consider moving the pick, but doubt I would. Would have to be a big overpayment. One of the easier picks IMO.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Only other player to consider is Dubois. If he's not here, you take Tkachuk every day and twice on Sundays.

He is a top 3 pick in some draft years.

Nothing to consider...Dubois went 4th overall (in this mock).

If, for whatever reason, Edmonton or another team at 4 goes off the board then there's a debate. Otherwise you take whoever is still there.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
Coilers fans are going to be very disappointed when they don't take Dubois.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
As an Oiler fan I will say you're all welcome. I don't understand why the majority on the HFOil board want Dubois. To me Tkachuk and Sergachev are MUCH better prospects for us.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
As an Oiler fan I will say you're all welcome. I don't understand why the majority on the HFOil board want Dubois. To me Tkachuk and Sergachev are MUCH better prospects for us.

Agreed. I'd be surprised if Edmonton doesn't trade down and take a defenseman (while acquiring a defenseman). But if you stay at 4 I'd be shocked if you don't take Tkachuk.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Agreed. I'd be surprised if Edmonton doesn't trade down and take a defenseman (while acquiring a defenseman). But if you stay at 4 I'd be shocked if you don't take Tkachuk.

I agree, I feel Tkachuk is a much better fit for the Oilers, just like dubois to me is a better fit. Having said that I gladly take the left over and walk away with a giant smile.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Going with Jost. Tkachuk is the odds on favorite and I wouldn't have a problem if he came to us, but I like Jost better...I think he'll be a very good #1C in the NHL.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver

Yeah if I'm Edmonton I'm drafting Tkachuk and trading RNH. Target ether Barrie, Dumba or Lindholm

Tkachuk McDavid Eberle
Hall Draisitl

Nurse Trade
Klefbom

That's a core to build around

Last edited:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
4 votes for Jost...Flames fans? Or just Canuck fans who like Jost over Tkachuk?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad