Prospect Info: HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2015 (POLL #12)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Congratulations to Poll #11 winner:

Tyler-Pitlick-Third-Jersey.jpg

TYLER PITLICK

Thanks to all who voted in poll #11

HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2015
1) Connor McDavid - C - Erie Otters - OHL - 100%
2) Darnell Nurse - D - Soo Greyhounds - OHL - 66%
3) Leon Draisaitl - C - Kelowna Rockets - WHL - 30%*
4) Griffin Reinhart - D - Bridgeport S.Tigers - AHL - 78%
5) Bogdan Yakimov - C - OKC Barons - AHL - 38%
6) Laurent Brossoit - G - OKC Barons - AHL - 49%
7) Anton Slepyshev - LW - Salavat Yulayev - KHL - 49%
8) Greg Chase - RW - Victoria Royals - WHL - 36%
9) Joey LaLeggia - D - University of Denver - NCAA - 36%
10) Kyle Platzer - C/RW - Owen Sound Attack - OHL - 20%
11) Tyler Pitlick - RW - OKC Barons - AHL - 23%
* Poll #3 was skipped due to obvious results.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Every single one of these since Slepyshev has just gotten me angrier and angrier about the Musil/Moroz/Pitlick/Roy/Hamilton picks.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
I really see very little separating Brossoit and Laurikainen, yet Brossoit was voted #6. Did he get voted in because we hadn't had a goalie yet (apparently the way the Oilers draft goalies too), or does everyone really think E2 is that far behind LB?

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton
I really see very little separating Brossoit and Laurikainen, yet Brossoit was voted #6. Did he get voted in because we hadn't had a goalie yet (apparently the way the Oilers draft goalies too), or does everyone really think E2 is that far behind LB?

I'm guessing its because people have seen Brossoit since he was an Oil King, while most haven't seen Laurikainen.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo

I feel like Brossoit is a little bit more known/proven, and has put up good numbers at the AHL level.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

They're similarly aged, sure, but I'd think the quality of competition is better in the AHL. There were a LOT of bloated stats for goalies in SM-Liiga.

That said, Laurikainen had better stats than Saros, and Predator fans are ridiculously high on him.

Laurikainen should be 15-20

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

Are you really questioning why the fans picked LB over this prospect 99% of here had never heard of prior to signing with Oilers?

Rexall on many days errupted with LBLB chants and the one game he got to play for the big team he stole the show. Laurikainen is just another shot in the dark ala Frans Tuohimma \ Perhonen..

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Are you really questioning why the fans picked LB over this prospect 99% of here had never heard of prior to signing with Oilers?

Rexall on many days errupted with LBLB chants and the one game he got to play for the big team he stole the show. Laurikainen is just another shot in the dark ala Frans Tuohimma \ Perhonen..

Disagree with you in both points.

Laurikainen played in the Dub for 2 years in the same conference as the Oil Kings. I'd say at least a quarter most likely more people on this forum knew who he was.

As for being a shot in the dark; The guy posted great stats in a really good professional league in a country that produces the best goalies. Tuohimma and Perohnen can't touch him.

The only reason he's not more highly thought of is his lack of a projectable frame. He is really undersized. With that being said, he stops the puck, and that's truly all that matters.

Ladra

Jan 29, 2011
Still going with Davidson. Still have some fine prospects after him as well.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Still going with Davidson. Still have some fine prospects after him as well.

I took him as well. He's already accomplished more than most of these guys ever will, plus there is a decent chance he is getting action this year.

Ladra

Jan 29, 2011
I took him as well. He's already accomplished more than most of these guys ever will, plus there is a decent chance he is getting action this year.

Yeah, somehow I've always been a fan of his play style. I don't think he will get to see action with the number of d-men we have. But I hope for that as well.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Not sure how Davidson is leading... yes, he's played some NHL games, but I don't view him as anything more than a bottom pairing Dman in his future. I think other remaining prospects have much higher upside.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Pakarinen touched the NHL and is borderline imo, him. He also looked good on top of that.

I picked him too. Physical guy who can skate and has a good shot. Wouldn't be surprised to see him make the team out of camp and push himself onto the 4th line with the possibility of moving up to the 3rd line later in the season. Similar player to Pitlick, but more offensive upside imo. He's also a little bit bigger than Pitlick.

If not him I would have picked one of Jones, Bear, or Lagesson as I think they have the highest upside of all the prospects listed (albeit a lower chance of hitting that potential). Also would consider Nilsson for goalies as I think he could surprise this year, I haven't seen enough of Laurikainen to have an opinion, but he could also impress.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Not sure how Davidson is leading... yes, he's played some NHL games, but I don't view him as anything more than a bottom pairing Dman in his future. I think other remaining prospects have much higher upside.

Davidson has impressed ... He was Barons best Dman last year and would be the same even if BOTH Nurse and Reinhart also start in AHL. The kid leaped past Musil, Simpson, Gernat and in playoffs Marincin. In a shorth NHL stint he didnt look out of place either.. He might not be a top4 NHL dman ever but him leading this round should harldy be a shocker.

Only shocking part here are the 9 votes Musil and Simpson have so far.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Man you all criminally underrate Moroz, You will see this year!!!

The guy was criminally horrible last season .. Even Musil outproduced him.
Moroz should be flirting with PPG in AHL and not be failing to score 10 pts in 66GP. Khaira seemed to have adjusted to the AHL pace by the end of last season. Moroz still looked lost. Hopefully both take a big step forward offensively next season.

oilers4life5

Nov 6, 2007
City of Champions
The guy was criminally horrible last season .. Even Musil outproduced him.
Moroz should be flirting with PPG in AHL and not be failing to score 10 pts in 66GP. Khaira seemed to have adjusted to the AHL pace by the end of last season. Moroz still looked lost. Hopefully both take a big step forward offensively next season.

I bet you did not know he was not healthy last year for most of the year. He is good to go this year and will be awesome.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I bet you did not know he was not healthy last year for most of the year. He is good to go this year and will be awesome.

Amen to that...
I have lower expectations for him and will be happy as long as he outproduces Pitlick at the same age next season.. 22pts in 39GP.. (0.56PPG).
"Awesome" would be to get up to PPG in the AHL which I think is very unlikely. Would be thrilled if it happened but just cannot vote for him based on blind faith.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad