HFNHL Capitals Expansion Block

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
with the amount of time to work out a deal closing, washington is quietly shopping two veteran defenders for expansion draft protection purposes.

t.j. brodie and joel edmundson are being gauged for interest. while we appreciate the value of both of these players, we understand that we can only protect one of them. edmundson, being younger, seems like the easy decision considering how strong he has been this year with a phenomenal +25 rating in 20+ minutes a night. brodie himself was a mainstay for the leafs and a stabilizing presence this season who should rate out no worse than his current ratings and had a phenomenal sim season with 50 points and a +15 in 22 minutes a night.

both of these players would be immediate top 4 on most teams and play a style that suggests they will remain at a high level for future seasons. edmundson himself is locked up for eternity at $4.5 million via his nhl deal and brodie several more at $5.0 million.

in a similar sense with forwards, we are making frank vatrano and boone jenner available to offers. vatrano has emerged as an all forward position swiss army knife for the panthers as his time on ice is steadily climbing. he scored 18 goals in 55 games last year and will rate out favorably for the increases in his icetime as well as his production. you might normally be hesitating to talk upside about a player that's 26 or 27, but in the event he decides to leave florida he should have no shortage of teams willing to offer him more premium opportunities, primarily on the powerplay, should he hit the market. his reputation as a one trick pony goal scorer belies some impressive possession metrics and a surprising physical element. with a year remaining on a deal less than $3 million, he's also pretty cap friendly.

boone jenner, love him or hate him, is either a suitable 2nd line center or one of the best 3rd line centers and penalty killers in the game. washington had top 10 units on both special teams and jenner's faceoff ability, strength, and defense were utilized heavily to suppress. he has skills that don't often suffer a lot of variance in the sim on a yearly basis. things like defense, strength, checking, skating, etc. usually hold fairly well. if your team was a good penalty kill away from being competitive, this is almost a one man promise of improvement.

while we're not in a selling cycle with where we currently stand, we would like to see if we can switch out one of these players with an asset that does not require protection either in the form of prospect or young nhl talent. we aren't so much interested in picks as we are perhaps into trading these established assets to a team with room to protect them. however, we would be willing to discuss any arrangement of these players in a deal despite only needing 1 expansion slot if you have a young player of particular promise.

email or message here for best results!

Reactions: MatthewFlames

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
after having taken some time to focus on the playoffs, i have fallen behind big time on my expansion preparation. there are a couple of deals that i would be willing to do for either a strong defensive prospect or expansion draft exempt young regular:

t.j. brodie alone
t.j. brodie and boone jenner together
t.j. brodie and frank vatrano together

obviously, time is running out on my ability to find a deal that makes sense but this is a good opportunity to get some *highly* useful players who just helped me win a championship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad