HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #47 (closed)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

• Conor Geekie - C

• Oliver Bonk - D

• Cole Eiserman - RW

• Oliver Moore - C

• Daniil But - LW

• Adam Jiricek - D (STL)

• Mackie Samoskevich - RW

• Carson Rehkopf - C

• Seamus Casey - D

• Trevor Connelly - LW

• Sacha Boisvert - C

• Liam Ohgren - LW

• Logan Mailloux - D

• Fabian Lysell - RW

• Jett Luchanko - C

• Josh Doan - RW

• Shakir Mukhamadullin - D

• Liam Greentree - LW

• Bradly Nadeau - LW

• Joakim Kemell - RW

• Theo Lindstein - D

• Matthew Wood - RW

• Joshua Roy - RW

• Brennan Othmann - LW

• Andrew Cristall - LW

• Stian Solberg - D

• Marco Kasper - C

• Michael Hage - C

• Jagger Firkus - RW

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
trust me, its a lot more about being "anti-Habs" than it is the incident from years ago.
Dude, no one cares that much about the habs, especially since they suck.

Ok, maybe some really pathetic leafs fans, but that’s a minority.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Im the one listing the players.... My choices have nothing to do with any influence/hype from any Hab homer posters here. I assure you that. Plus, I only started listing Roy recently, and Mailloux was partially because of the lack of Dmen, as many have gone in the top 35.

so then adding about 15 to the other 2 rankings has them 50th/60th McKeens and 45th/53rd Button.

Fact of the matter is, at this point in the poll, I would say 40-80th are one big tier. It is what it is when were trying to compare prospects.

I mean to leave off any player whos relatively young and scored a lot at the AHL level (or NCAA, KHL, SHL) would be dumb. THeyre all there: Roy, Mailloux, Geekie, Kemell, Samoskevich... already voted: Kulich, Bourque, Lambert, Perreault, McGroarty, etc

a whopping 13 games combined

I was comparing 2 players of the same league (QMJHL), which would make sense. Someone (mightve been you) had knocked Roy because "producing in the Q means nothing".
first part was my fault, worded what i was saying wrong... i meant voted not listed. I appreciate you doing the polls and wouldn't hate on someone for that.

I havnt really ever knocked Roy on anything... ive actually said in these threads that hes prob underrated league wide. So i doubt it was me.

Comparing a dmen to a forward is always going to be awkward, especially when that dmen led all dmen any age in scoring that season and won Dmen of the year award.

Reactions: amnesiac

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
The case for Joshua Roy seems unimpressive to me. He doesn't have size or speed, he scored 32 pts in 41 AHL games, which a lot of these other prospects have topped. Heck Josh Doan had a better scoring pace in the NHL, and has better physical gifts.

My understanding is that he doesn't really use his size the way you'd like. And he's a poor defender. How many one-way offensive D are we going to vote into our poll? So many of those guys are low value in the NHL.
Still helpful vis-a-vis of a smaller player who also doesn’t use their size. Unless you’re a sure fire top tier player, size is a characteristic that is going to help you get in the lineup. Means you are less likely to get blown up, more likely to be able to protect the puck and win board battles, and always have the possibility of developing a more physical game. I don’t necessarily agree with it but I understand it.

Reactions: majormajor

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
5 votes for each hab's prospect total last poll

8 votes for each Hab's prospect in this poll so far

susshade-sus.gif

Reactions: dgibb10

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Honestly if they wernt habs prospect they prob wouldn’t even be an option to vote

I have witnessed 2 decades of futility under Trevor Timmins and called Habs prospects overhyped but that time unfortunately came to an end, their drafting seems very legit now. Did you see Joshua Roy at the WJC? Looked like an obvious future solid NHLer

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
How so? Has all of Byrnas struggled adjusting to the higher league or just Lindstein?

Not gonna lie, I don’t get to view many SHL preseason games haha. Do you know where one could at least view scoresheets and game summary data…maybe even video highlights? All I can find are some aummaries written up in Swedish on the shl.se website.
Entire team looks bad so far, but pretty specifically the defense and Lindstein has been part of that. It's just worth keeping an eye on because if it continues he could end up in a smaller role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad